• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Where is a good place to look for TV stands that are of decent quality(I hate wobbly furniture) that's less than $200?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    are you talking CRT/DLP/Plasma/LCD? What type of size and weight? I have used basic furniture just fine. Cheap is OK as long as it doesn't rock.

I'd consider an old coffee table or similar from goodwill unless you want it to look slick and sharp

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    are you talking CRT/DLP/Plasma/LCD? What type of size and weight? I have used basic furniture just fine. Cheap is OK as long as it doesn't rock.

I'd consider an old coffee table or similar from goodwill unless you want it to look slick and sharp

42" LCD, not incredibly heavy but not featherlight, would like an enclosed unit to hide dvd player, cable box, xbox etc...

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Put your equipment in a closet or on a shelf in another room, use a wall mount, then fish wires to the equipment :D

They have nice stands w/ a pole at the back and a mount for your television to run wiring down to the enclosed portion for your equipment.

I have the top solution FWIW.. nice, sleek, and away from little fingers (my kids)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I live in an apartment, so fishing wires isn't worth the troubles...I was shooting for a coffee table cabinet sort of deal. BroodXI, did they have any more? How would you say quality is?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I live in an apartment, so fishing wires isn't worth the troubles...

having this info initially would have saved my 'me' time for me earlier.. you know that right ?? I wouldn't have had to go find that link :): :laugh:

I've seen 'coffee table' types w/ a stand or pole for the television to mount to with really good wire management for concealment.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    forgot to mention 100 year old house with several layers of lat and plaster, drywall, and fancy wood paneling. Finding the studs in the wall are hard to do. Otherwise it would be wall mounted.

grab a saw and conduct open heart (wall?) surgery :):

(seriously though, I get what you're saying LOL)

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Mine :):

In your price range you can get quite a bit. Just go to Walmart (really any big box store) and see what they have. I got mine from Walmart and it was like $100 brand new. Sturdy with plenty of storage.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Ours is a BDI that we found at Kittles, but it was very pricey because my husband is an electronics guy and had very specific requirements, and a ton of equipment. It's on wheels and an open back. With dark glass in the doors so he can see the displays.

Sorry, didn't see your "less than $200" requirement.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Usually I find that the big box stores are cheap, but lacking in quality. I wonder how much an Amish would charge to build one for me...hmm...

Top Bottom