"Purge" coming to Louisville? LMPD are taking it seriously it seems......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    reports of people wearing face paint. Also one call of someone firing a gun out of a car while driving down the highway. Interesting...

Guy walking in the middle of the street!
    5-6 black makes,three armed with handguns talking about robbing someone
    Wouldn't this be normal for Louisville on a Friday night?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, I'm in Louisville right now. It's stat quo. Nothing weird going on that we've run into.

Nothing to see here citizens.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Man on Dixie Highway who stole some beer and a pickle"

Typical Louisville.

Someone stole a pickle. Not the whole jar, but a pickle. Gotta say so far this purge ain't real impressive. Stealing "a pickle" would be a slow Tuesday in Louisville at best.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Someone stole a pickle. Not the whole jar, but a pickle. Gotta say so far this purge ain't real impressive. Stealing "a pickle" would be a slow Tuesday in Louisville at best.

Seems like it would take more effort to steal one pickle than it would an entire jar. Anarchy at its finest.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I work in Louisville, and drove home across the river at 8:30PM. Its absolute madness out there. I saw two girls riding bikes without their helmets, and an elderly man was playing a kazoo on some church steps. I'm ready to go all in, Mad Max style, at this point, change my name to Ripsocket the Mighty; and start hoarding spark plugs.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    In all seriousness, many of my coworkers know I own and carry, and am a trained mixed martial arts instructor. I cannot even tell you how many people asked me if I'd walk them to their cars, if they could borrow a gun for the night, if I had any guns I'd be willing to sell, etc; and even a few if they could come over to my house for the evening. The average person in Louisville is pretty damned scared right now. I told them that yes, I am licensed to carry, and since I've done armed security in the past that I would be happy to help at the rate I'm used to for such things; and for those who asked to purchase or borrow, I told them that maybe they should think about getting a lifejacket BEFORE the boat is sinking, and learn how to use the damned thing before panicking. If nothing else, this stupid stunt will probably increase the number of people friendly to the idea of owning a firearm in the region.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    In all seriousness, many of my coworkers know I own and carry, and am a trained mixed martial arts instructor. I cannot even tell you how many people asked me if I'd walk them to their cars, if they could borrow a gun for the night, if I had any guns I'd be willing to sell, etc; and even a few if they could come over to my house for the evening. The average person in Louisville is pretty damned scared right now. I told them that yes, I am licensed to carry, and since I've done armed security in the past that I would be happy to help at the rate I'm used to for such things; and for those who asked to purchase or borrow, I told them that maybe they should think about getting a lifejacket BEFORE the boat is sinking, and learn how to use the damned thing before panicking. If nothing else, this stupid stunt will probably increase the number of people friendly to the idea of owning a firearm in the region.

That's interesting to hear. A little further out here - in redneck land - everyone yawned and went to bed. I suspect that most of us out here DO carry and are prepared. If you are prepared you shall not fear... I still think that the biggest threat in Washington County tonight is GFGT making a late night Taco Bell run into Salem.... :D

I forgot to cue Mr. Knopfler... but this seems to be appropriate for tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkUj0aGUBeo

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The line between preparedness and paranoia | Gun Nuts Media

Being prepared, that's just crazy talk.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I know, right?
    In other news, I'm polishing my leather codpiece and sharpening the spikes on my raider armor. I've made contact with a fellow in Fort Wayne that will pay top dollar for intact virgins and Neosporin.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville

I work in Louisville and I heard crap all night. Had to listen to everyone with their scanners on at work, glad that shift is over with.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, I just saw on Failbook that someone is listening to a scanner and Louisville is going nuts with robberies, assualts, rapes, and absolute pandemonium. So yeah...

I think you guys' scanners must be broken to not being hearing this stuff

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    So ya mean that absolutely nothing associated with a stupid "social media" rumor related to a low-budget horror/thriller movie happened?

YA DON'T SAY.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom