• ...and so much more!
  • seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    gpflyer.jpg

I would like to invite everyone to come out to Purdue Automotive Performance Association's Grand Prix Car Show. We are looking to have our best attendance ever, and we can do that with your help. Please come out and spend the day with us. We hope to see you there. If possible please preregister, it would make organization much easier on us. If you have any questions or comments please contact our club president Mike Lewin @ Mlewin@purdue.edu.

Thanks,
    Purdue Automotive Performance Association

Registration: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/mike3487/Untitled-1-02.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ahhh, the Grand Prix and Papa. I was members of both back in the day. :)

So when is the Grand Prix this year? is it that same weekend?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I always liked the GP. It was REALLY fun when my frat won in 97. We're the ones who broke the Smith's hold on title. Fun times.

You b@$+@rd$! ;)

that means we raced against each other, well kinda. I was on the team at Wiley Hall from 95 -> 99. Glad you were able to keep the Smith's at bay for at least a year though. Kind of hard to compete with "professionals".

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Kind of hard to compete with "professionals".

Yeah, no kidding. There were all kinds of rumors they they weren't running legal karts or doing shady stuff to make it through tear-down. Then again, when you have what seemed like an unlimited budget to get those KT-100 motors to sing AND this is what you did for your free time instead of two weeks a year like the rest of the crews, it probably just seemed like it should have been illegal.

97 was the year of mucho accidents. We happened to stay in the top five and out of trouble. Paid off. And, one of our alums made this killer quick-change fuel tank.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, good times! good times! I remember the accidents. We were involved in one, and then someone even flipped if I remember right. Another funny thing is I remember that quick change gas tank! Hell of a lot faster than anyone else!!

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    yup, good times! good times! I remember the accidents. We were involved in one, and then someone even flipped if I remember right. Another funny thing is I remember that quick change gas tank! Hell of a lot faster than anyone else!!

Wasn't your driver Walter Stanley, at least on year anyway? He is a friend of mine.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well, that doesnt sound familiar. Ive been trying to tap my memory, and if I remember right the first two years I was there we fielded two cars. In 96 one driven by Chris ??, and the other by John Dreuth. Chris was a senior and went on to work for IRP Drag Racing program if I remember right. In 97 I think it was John Dreuth again, and a new kid, Matt Gluth.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Are you part of the group who come from Purdue and drive at our NCCC autocross events at Grissom? It is always good to have the group from Purdue join us even if they don't drive corvettes. :rockwoot:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wow, lots of GP alums here. Crew chief from 96-00 here. Too wide in the backside to get into those carts and actually compete. It was always a good time gossiping and trying to beat the Smith's.

Top Bottom