• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have had several deals with members here, no ID's shown, handshakes, cash exchanged for firearms, some bull ****ting, more handshakes , we went our separate ways. Or in a few cases, handshakes and then they left my home.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I do all of my deal outside a LGS. Many well armed good people around to stop anything from happening... if it so does

dreich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Anderson area
    When I do a sale transaction, it is in a public area and require a DL, LTCH and make out a signed bill of sale including their name, address and DL number as well as the serial number and description of the firearm.
    It's called CYA.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When I do a sale transaction, it is in a public area and require a DL, LTCH and make out a signed bill of sale including their name, address and DL number as well as the serial number and description of the firearm.
    It's called CYA.

Wow, no thanks. I don't even have to provide that much documentation for an FFL transfer.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    It's called CYA.
    Anyone asks me for that much info I'll return the favor and request a signed receipt with seller's name and address and SN and description of the gun along with proof of ownership. All my deals (both directions), have been done without even an exchange of names.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    It's called CYA.

I'll pass. You can certainly set whatever conditions of sale you want but if this becomes common practice then it is much easier to make it the law and I am not in favor of tighter laws on firearms purchases. Follow the law, don't add to it or subtract from it. :twocents:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Safer in numbers, no doubt. If meeting a total stranger to sell or buy, bring either another person that can back you up, or at the least, make sure you carry a quality pistol if it needs to go that way - but; you should probably have had an inkling of whether or not they were sketchy when you spoke to them about the meet. While a Bill of Sale is not required, if that is what you need to feel better about what you are doing - do it. Same with the Larry check. What people choose to do with any product after a purchase is beyond your control... It is THEIR choice. :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's called CYA.

In that case I would want your name, address, date of birth, social security number, driver's license info, name of the town in which you were born and your mother's maiden name.

CYA you know.

Top Bottom