• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnMcClane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Indy
    So I finally got my first handgun (M&P Shield 9mm), had my first lesson, and fired my first rounds at the range all this week. My buddy, who talks with me about his collection often, looked at me the next day and said "oh, you're hooked. I can see it in your face." And I think he is right. I can't wait to get back out to the range for more practice time.

20140227_143733.jpg20140227_144831.jpg

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Congratulations. M&P's are nice. I got to coonfinger one a while back. Would make an excellent carry piece.

JohnMcClane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Indy
    Lotsa head shots. Anger issues?

I bought a M&P 9 FS in January, my first gun too. And my second gun in February, a G26.

It's almost March.

Actually I was just following the Instructor's direction. He had me start at 10' and move back to 20' for the majority aiming at different points. I actually found the head shots to be more difficult to keep a tight spread, so I kept at it a bit longer.
    I'm also looking into my next option. I've got some interest in an XD-m, glock 19, M&P and I'm sure more will peak my interest. I guess I'm obligated to look at the Beretta 92 now as well ;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Good call on the Shield 9mm...I really like mine.

...and you seem like a better shot than me already...but that isn't saying much...

Congrats, learn to embrace your new addiction.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Actually I was just following the Instructor's direction. He had me start at 10' and move back to 20' for the majority aiming at different points. I actually found the head shots to be more difficult to keep a tight spread, so I kept at it a bit longer.
    I'm also looking into my next option. I've got some interest in an XD-m, glock 19, M&P and I'm sure more will peak my interest. I guess I'm obligated to look at the Beretta 92 now as well ;)

I like my FS M&P, but of course there are many fine pistols around and my range of experience is very limited. I handled a Shield recently at a class and really like the way it felt. When my wife is comfortable enough to think about getting her own carry gun I may have her handle one of those.

Welcome aboard!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Congrats are in order..

You're just getting started..Next NEEDED
    AR-15
    12GA Shotty
    .22 Rifle
    .22 Pistol
    (Find ammo for the .22's FIRST)

AND....

RELOADING your own ammo....Bill.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Congratulations on joining the armed population! Great looking target too! I have not shot a shield yet, but I hear really good things about them. Smart move making training a first priority. I would have saved soo much time and money if I had started taking classes right off the bat.

Top Bottom