• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    FYI:

Krogers has Pumpkins at 2/$1 now. Stopped there today.

Stopping at a range tomorrow. With a few calibers to test with!

:ar15:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Walmart has the same deal. Our plan is to pick up 10-20 tomorrow and have a good time. :) Also, they have the huge Gords at walmart for .50 as well. And the tiny itty bitty ones with 4 in a sack for .25. Tomorrow will be a good day.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Saiga time, indeed.... while I have _huge_ respect for Techres, and would certainly defer to his opinions on watermelon dispatching... (hard to beat AR15 + tannerrte). In this case, it's not caliber - it is _gauge_ :D Saiga 12 to be specific!- thanks for the heads up.

And may the pumpkins die for a good cause...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've never shot a pumpkin. When I was carving one for my youngest kid, however I daydreamed of opening the top (or just drilling a small hole), filling it full of water then using it as a target. I think if it had some mass to the middle rather than being hollow the force of the bullet would be less likely to pass through. It seems as though it would make an explosion more assured. No practical experience here, just day dreaming.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Well..HERE the pumpkins were given away to the Pig Farmers over night. This leaves one pissed off RM. They were there yesterday morning. Why in the heck did I WAIT????

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Nope, Nope. I take it back. RM is VERY happy. They still had Pie Pumpkins. Smaller? Yes!! Just as fun? YOU BET. And only 10 cents a pound.

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Just wanted to share my experience with 12 gauge slugs and spaghetti squash..........awesome..

I shot 1 from about 20 yards and it literally disappeared, evaporated, ect...

thought it was great till I noticed squash all over my wife's mini van and my car....is was still pretty great..:)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Nope, Nope. I take it back. RM is VERY happy. They still had Pie Pumpkins. Smaller? Yes!! Just as fun? YOU BET. And only 10 cents a pound.

$.10 a pound??? I went to Kroger today and they had pie pumpkins for $1.99 each. Went to Walmart and their pie pumpkins were ON SALE for $.50 per pound (around 1.50 - 2.00 each) I looked everywhere and nobody has any good deals around here on pumpkins.

My 2 boys cried when I told them there were no pumpkins to shoot.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I've never shot a pumpkin. When I was carving one for my youngest kid, however I daydreamed of opening the top (or just drilling a small hole), filling it full of water then using it as a target. I think if it had some mass to the middle rather than being hollow the force of the bullet would be less likely to pass through. It seems as though it would make an explosion more assured. No practical experience here, just day dreaming.

that actually works I know sombody who tried it:draw:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Saiga 12 time! Not sure if I have any tannerite laying around here though. This will be almost as cool as watching the big cats at the EFRC shred meat filled gourds

Top Bottom