• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Now, having said that, if you walked up to my car and my guns are loaded, and I offer to give them to you without any incident, I expect them to be returned to me loaded, for two reasons:

• It's not your gun to mess with. I don't know what you're doing in your cruiser. For all I know, you're permanently disabling my firearm in some way.
    • If I showed you that I can handle the reponsibilities of possessing and owning a firearm, went out of my way to inform you I have a firearm (even though I don't have to) and you have verified my being legal to carry, then you, as a LEO, should feel more comfortable with me than any other traffic stop, thus not restricting my legal right to carry at all times, especially while in the privacy of my own vehicle.
    This is what would **** me off the most.. I would rather them just write down the serial number on my gun and go run it. I don't want to sit and reload my mag especially without a mag loader. I could even deal with the mag being handed to me seperated from the gun. But don't unload my mag.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As usual, you are both thoughtful and persuasive. Thank you for reminding me of something I needed to hear again.

While I understand about "pontificating", not that it is that, I suggest that you may be in error, good Rhino... You commented that they "won't ever get it", and I know personally that while many times this is true, sometimes, "They CAN be taught!"

I've said before that I was stupid enough to vote for Bill Clinton-TWICE! but that a patient and wise man was able to show me how flawed the liberal views were, beginning with minimum wage and continuing in a cascade effect from there. Today, I look back with disdain and disgust at the views I once held.

The point? It's not always a lost cause, though it can certainly seem like it sometimes.

Being discouraged is one thing. Letting it silence you would, in your case, be a crying shame. Don't let them win.

Blessings,
    Bill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I will dispell this now, I am a cop and HAVE been disarmed when pulled over. Does it happen on a regular basis.....no, but don't say that it never happens or would never happen because I am the living case proving that you are wrong.

My opinion of cops who treat private citizens that way is well documented, but the cop who did that to you must be King of All A**hats.

Top Bottom