• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    i had a run in with ipd a while back, i told him the gun was in the glove box. it was an ea arms 45. he asked for it so i gave it to him, ( didnt have one in the chamber). he then returned it a few minutes later with one in the chamber and told me to have a good day. I was a little pissed because i had not had it chambered before. but i guess i couldnt say much to him about it.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    When I was moving to the town I live in now I was pulled over while moving my firearms from the old house to the new one. I had about 2 dozen long guns in the truck,a few of the cases where in the bed and few in the back seat of the truck and I had 5-6 pistol cases in the passenger seat. when the officer was walking up to my truck I seen him sneak a peek in the bed,he leaned up and asked if I had any weapons in the cab with me or on my person,I laughed and said "umm yeah a few in the cab but none on my person" he told me to exit the truck slowly and walk to the front of his car. where he proceeded to pat me down..when he realized I didnt have any weapons on me he relaxed and told me why he pulled me over and asked why I had so many firearms in the truck,so I told him..as we where talking 3 more police cars pulled up...I said "wow you guys dont mess around:):"
    he started talking with his back up and they made me sit on the curb and asked if they could have permission to search my truck..I gave it to them since I had nothing to hide..they started opening my gun cases and when I asked why they just ignored me. the officer that pulled me over went back to his car and was talking on the radio I guess,he came back about 5min later and gave me my info back and said someone had reported a bunch of firearms stolen the night before or sometime that week but mine didnt matched the description of what was stolen..he apologized for taking up my time and told me to drive safely.
    I was fine up until they started going through my cases..I wasnt in the wrong but in the back in my mind I thought maybe I might be doing something illegal:dunno:..I was getting worried:):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    the officer didnt ask me about weapons, just my registration. i figured i should volunteer it since the gun was in the glove box with the registration. i did not think it wise to open the box and be like "well look at that!! a .357 magnum!" :laugh::laugh:

if i had the gun on my hip, i prolly would not have said anything unless asked.

You know I'm generally not a fan of imparting information not required. But that's a case where it's a REALLY good idea.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

"well look at that!! a .357 magnum!" :laugh::laugh:

snip

You could have said "Gee, I thought I'd left that in the trunk with the coke and the body!"

When his back up gets there, with you all spread eagled on the car, and finds nothing in the trunk, you say "Next, the SOB will try to tell you I was going 80 mph!!"

Stolen from a very old joke.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    things to consider saying when asked for the car's registration. which of the following will not result in the phrase "don't taze me, bro!"?

1) it's in the glove box with my legally owned handgun. here's my LTCH, how should i proceed?

2) nice boots, adolf.

3) check out my gat, yo.

4) how do you sleep at night knowing that you trample over the constitution every single day? why do you hate America?

5) **** the police!

NSFW! A couple naughty words from Chris Rock
    YouTube - joecatsean's Channel

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't speed, I don't ride dirty, If I am pulled over with just my carry weapon I will gladly inform the officer and present my LTCH. Sometimes though I may have a couple AR's in the back, 4 or 5 pistols, a shotty or two.... all perfectly legal, but I think I will keep my mouth shut. BTW I don't just drive around with WW3 in my truck, this would be to and from a range or a shoot.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I got asked to step out of the car once, pistol consealed on my side. ISP goofball figures it out and draws on me. Not just draws points his pistol at me finger on the trigger hands shaking like a girl scout on her fist night in the woods. Starts yelling. I was trying to calm him down. Finger off the trigger Barney - look at your hands shaking. It was bad. When the HK USP was new. Barney coudn't get the mag out then pointed my gun at me. All before 9 AM. Fun day! I was less than 2 mi from OH river heading south. He threatened to call KSP. (Before they honored our papers). I took my ticked and told him I was going to carry in KY to call if he wanted. THe cop was quite the goofball. If you ever wondered it is not good when you are more in control then a nervous cop pointing his pistol at you. I have others complement me on the 1911 variant of the day. If they will see it when I get the registration I fess up. I have mooved all my papers so they won't (clipped to visor). Out of state I never mention it. EVER!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Cleaned up a few posts in this thread. This was actually a positive LEO encounter... let's continue that trend, shall we, gentlemen?

*taps her Mom foot*

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    You got to like ISP more then the city though. Our city cops are a bunch of kids with guns just hoping for the chance to use them. Sad.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    congratulations.jpg

a1af91fd22bb4a3daef7be2ce3756e8f_congratulations-117171938.jpg

congratulation_graphics_4.gif

Better?:D

Last edited:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    My encounter with the ISP was positive. Got pulled over in a small town speed trap, I didn't get slowed down before the "1st" sign. I pulled into a convenience store for a cup and the ISP pulled in behind me. I did tell him I was CC'ing and handed him my drivers license, LTCH, and vehicle registration. Initially he was a bit nervous and asked me to unholster and give him the pistol. I told him I would if he really wanted me to, but would prefer not to. He looked a bit taken back by my response and asked why I carried. My answer back to him was for the same reason he did, self-protection. He handed me back by paper work and told me to slow down. I told him thank you. I thought he really did handle it very professionally and as well as he could, he was young.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I got asked to step out of the car once, pistol consealed on my side. ISP goofball figures it out and draws on me. Not just draws points his pistol at me finger on the trigger hands shaking like a girl scout on her fist night in the woods. Starts yelling. I was trying to calm him down. Finger off the trigger Barney - look at your hands shaking. It was bad. When the HK USP was new. Barney coudn't get the mag out then pointed my gun at me. All before 9 AM. Fun day! I was less than 2 mi from OH river heading south. He threatened to call KSP. (Before they honored our papers). I took my ticked and told him I was going to carry in KY to call if he wanted. THe cop was quite the goofball. If you ever wondered it is not good when you are more in control then a nervous cop pointing his pistol at you. I have others complement me on the 1911 variant of the day. If they will see it when I get the registration I fess up. I have mooved all my papers so they won't (clipped to visor). Out of state I never mention it. EVER!

Nothing like having a loaded gun shoved in your face, makes ya feel all warm & fuzzy :patriot:

Top Bottom