Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's crouched down?

A swift kick will knock him over.

EDIT: Thinking about...

Letting thieves steal like this is nothing more than social welfare. Instead of the gov't., it's insurance companies, or the store...

The rest of us pay in the end.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Thank you all for your varied responses. This situation has definitely given me, and the staff at that store, a lot to ponder.

He's crouched down?

A swift kick will knock him over.

EDIT: Thinking about...

Letting thieves steal like this is nothing more than social welfare. Instead of the gov't., it's insurance companies, or the store...

The rest of us pay in the end.

To continue with that thought, Jetta (et al)... I have personally been robbed at gunpoint 5 times at a completely different location (some couple of years ago). In these situations, we complied with corporate policy and handed over the money, no confrontation, no resistance... Maybe it's just my nature, maybe it's that dreaded male ego, but it drives me batty to be at the whim and mercy of criminals with no respect for private enterprise or another human being's life. Where's the deterrent for the criminal element?

Not saying the cops didn't do their jobs. They responded quickly and were, to the best of my knowledge, diligent in their investigation. However, the only incident with any police resolution is the one I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

I don't want to play judge, jury, and executioner. I don't want to rid the world of its criminals one at a time, single-handedly.. But it's frustrating. (I know, welcome to the world.) You can say "get another job," but that doesn't fix the problem.. just removes me from it a bit.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    What would you do?

First, please understand that I have a genetic deficiency. I lack that filter that keeps normal people from saying the impolite things that are on their minds.

My first reaction would have been to loudly say "Dude! What the f*** are you doing??!!"

After that, I dunno. No visible weapon on the dude. I probably would have grabbed the nearest blunt object & whacked him with it, or since he was already on his knees, simply knocked him down & plopped my fat ass on top of him until the cops arrived.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    First, please understand that I have a genetic deficiency. I lack that filter that keeps normal people from saying the impolite things that are on their minds.

My first reaction would have been to loudly say "Dude! What the f*** are you doing??!!"

After that, I dunno. No visible weapon on the dude. I probably would have grabbed the nearest blunt object & whacked him with it, or since he was already on his knees, simply knocked him down & plopped my fat ass on top of him until the cops arrived.

Ah, the old mass + gravity offence! One of my tactical ploys as well. The other one is babbling like Rain Man and dragging one foot. It's quite distracting.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I would think that you would want to make it more difficult to get into the cash drawer????
    This was my thought as well. Unfortunately, I've seen more than one mom&pop where the common practice is to leave the key in the cash drawer all day. It's an absurdly stupid policy and just begs for these types of scenarios. Since most thefts/burglaries are crimes of opportunity, these businesses are painting a huge target on themselves.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    If you shot him would the store owner pay your attorney bills if you were sued? Trust me no one can afford a lawsuit and the stress of one if it can be avoided. It will take years off of your life. BTDT.

Chuck

Top Bottom