• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    Just as the title says, I have a Taurus PT1911 that I'm looking to replace the rear sight. I have read that Taurus uses a modified dovetail and was wondering if anyone else has changed the sights on their PT1911 and what sight they went with. I would like to find one especially made to fit, without doing any filing down or anything mods.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    its a special cut, the only place's i know of that make no gunsmithing sights are meprolight(i think they are about 130-140 and are night sights) and novak they are night sights too, other than that, you will have to smith the sights

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I installed Williams fire sights from a millennium pro 40 cal. front sight was pretty snug.If I remember right, my origional sights were heinie straight 8.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just as the title says, I have a Taurus PT1911 that I'm looking to replace the rear sight. I have read that Taurus uses a modified dovetail and was wondering if anyone else has changed the sights on their PT1911 and what sight they went with. I would like to find one especially made to fit, without doing any filing down or anything mods.

You might PM AllenM and see if he could cut the slide to accept a standard sight. I'm not familiar with how the PT1911 sight are cut from the factory, but Allen's work on this type of project looks phenomenal...

Diamond Collision - INGunOwners

It is a bit of a drive from Greensburg, but I bet it would be worth it.

Top Bottom