• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fast_project

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    I am thinking about purchasing a PS90 at the next Indy 1500. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Just looking for some input if it's worth the $1300.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am thinking about purchasing a PS90 at the next Indy 1500. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Just looking for some input if it's worth the $1300.

I don't own one, but an acquaintance does and I've shot it. I, personally, would pass on it for any number of reasons (see my post about halfway down page 1 of this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...xperience_w_hk_sl8-6_fn_s_fs2000_or_ps90.html).

What about the PS90 do you find attractive? Have you handled or shot one firsthand?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The one's I've shot are handy enough, VERY accurate and somewhat intuitive in their design. The huge fireball from the 5.7 is tamed to a low pew, underlying the power the round could have out of a carbine.

All in all, not a bad purchase, but wouldnt be first on my list. Very expensive for what is recieved. Now, if you get an Assembled AR lower and get the AR-57 upper, you can have roughly the same barrel length but with more parts compatibility (on the lower end) and probably more familiar usage to many shooters (instead of the semi-bullpup design), not to mention maybe saving a few bucks that could be spent on mags and ammo (always a good thing!!):D.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have one and like it. I have wanted one since actually handling the real deal P-90 several years ago. I would have bought it on the spot, but for some reason the right to keep and bear arms has been infringed.

Anyway, the PS-90 with the longer barrel has a slightly higher muzzle velocity than the standard barrel infringed P-90. It is a great close quarter weapon since it tucks up close to your body and by design is a natural pointer. A 50 round mag makes it even nicer. The round fired has very little recoil and the shape of the rifle helps negate a lot of the recoil.

Anyone complaining about the cost of 5.7x28 ammo hasn't priced ammo lately. It isn't much more expensive than any other reloadable rifle stuff, regardless of caliber.

One thing to look for. If you get the one with the built in see-through sights, make sure you get the black donut of death as it is much easier to see than the white ring.

fast_project

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks for the input. I have not shot one yet but like the feel in my hand. I would have to SBR it if I bought one.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Plus, you gotta handload for it!! :D If one is careful, it can be a fun cartridge from what I've read (though difficult to load because of the small cases). Incidentally, the diameter is .224, same as .223 Rem. Couple this with that Barnes makes a solid copper/bronze line of projectiles (their banded solids). They are nice and pointy in .224 diameter (plus 45 grains weight), to "reduce pelt damage on fur bearing animals". Ill just leave that as that...:D:D:D:D

What? Dont look at me like that! Its for "sporting" purposes! :D I swear it! :D

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Only problem with reloading is the fact that no one makes new cases for it, so once fired brass is the best you can get besides pulling bullets on factory loaded rounds. This also makes once fired 5.7 brass pretty valuable. I try to scrounge up all I can when a 5.7 shooter comes to the range and doesn't want their brass, then tumble it and sell it.

Top Bottom