• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    While leaving the store with my little guy, he climbed up on the grocery cart in front of me, holding the handle and leaning back onto my chest/stomach (everyone's got a mental picture of this, right?)

As he hopped down from where he was, he nudged his head against my appendix-carried 9mm. I felt it and notice him rubbing his head a bit. I asked if he was OK, and he didn't reply. I asked him again, but by this point we had reached our vehicle and he was ready to climb in, so he leaned close and said "I thought you told me I wasn't supposed to talk about your gun in public."

So proud.

PS- by little, I mean 6. And yes, the discussion will change as he grows. We had a good review of gun rules on the way home.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    While leaving the store with my little guy, he climbed up on the grocery cart in front of me, holding the handle and leaning back onto my chest/stomach (everyone's got a mental picture of this, right?)

As he hopped down from where he was, he nudged his head against my appendix-carried 9mm. I felt it and notice him rubbing his head a bit. I asked if he was OK, and he didn't reply. I asked him again, but by this point we had reached our vehicle and he was ready to climb in, so he leaned close and said "I thought you told me I wasn't supposed to talk about your gun in public."

So proud.

PS- by little, I mean 6. And yes, the discussion will change as he grows. We had a good review of gun rules on the way home.

Great story !

(got pics or video of him shooting ?? :D )

My 6 year old is still a bit too 'immature' to take shooting... He's pretty good about safety rules, privacy and the like.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    No pics or vids. Right now he's got a jr bow and arrow set he's shot a few times, 3 arrow was a bullseye! I let him shoot that in the front yard with styrofoam blocks. He has shot our little daisy bb gun with good accuracy, but he's not strong enough yet to cock it all the way. We might let him try a little kids .22 this summer, but we'll have to find one that fits him, his arms are kind of short. baby steps.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    we have a 410 that belongs to his older brother, it's just too big for him still. We might let him shoot it this summer with a bench rest-type of setup though... we'll see. He kind of wants "his" own, not to borrow his brother's. If I can find one for a good deal, I might surprise him.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Great job. And for a starter gun for smaller youths the Cricket .22 bolt action is a good gun. They are accurate, light, and the bolt action is very smooth and easy to use even for young ones without strong hands. Be forewarned though he will outgrow it quickly.

Top Bottom