• ...and so much more!
  • Joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Help, need lawyer advice

New Twist to the whole thing!!!!!

Got papers for Dissolution Of Marriage today,I guess that's why I got a PO severed last week!!!!

Anyway now need a Lawyer to Rep. me on both issues. Looking for someone in Hendricks County or close by.

Anyone got any names they care to throw out.

Thanks

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Odd...I got a divorce and there was no protection order issued. Who knows... :rockwoot:

Just to mention...if the two of you can agree on everything...neither of you needs an attorney. The forms are all available at the county clerks office and can be filled out and filed by the two of you. If you can agree to everything...it could save you both money and headaches.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Odd...I got a divorce and there was no protection order issued. Who knows... :rockwoot:

Just to mention...if the two of you can agree on everything...neither of you needs an attorney. The forms are all available at the county clerks office and can be filled out and filed by the two of you. If you can agree to everything...it could save you both money and headaches.

Standard tactic for a lot of divorce lawyers. Assuming there's no grounds for the order, it's a good bet she's got a lawyer, and he needs one, too. A divorce that starts off like this is going to be dirty.

Joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Well,anyone know of any lawyer names in Hendricks County they would recommend????

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    its realy sad in this country that someone can make false acusations against you in regards to a PO and the court will usualy 9 times of 10 find in favor of the one making the acusation even with no proof. where did our rights go in this tyrany? Judges have too much power!!! Can you ask for a trial by jury on a PO??? i would if i was in this situation

Truth is E5Ranger we dont really have rights granted by the constitution any more. yeah it may slow the government down but our rights are now granted by the government itself. Sorry to revive a dead thread but what happened Joey? Did you get it resolved?

I am about to go through the same thing. Someone is trying to get a protective order against me. And here I thought I had rights. HA Thats a good one. Folks we are already too far down the slippery slope. Sad to say I have lost faith in our country. It is actually saddening what we have come to.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    Def get a lawyer, but my understanding of the federal law is that until you get a hearing with an opportunity to be heard, your firearms rights are not restricted. Sounds like the order you received was ex parte (the girl got it without you knowing so) and therefore the federal law does not apply until a hearing takes place. I *believe*, but haven't looked it up lately, that Indiana law is the same way.

Standard disclaimer: this is not legal advice, I am not a lawyer.

Top Bottom