• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Here it is, the Proposed Illinois Gun Ban..

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of SB2899

The long and the short of it is as with most proposed bans, no more semi auto loading rifles or shot guns can be bought or sold in Illinois. They go into detail on what will qualify as a bannable weapon.

What is there will be grandfathered but you have to register it..

Semi auto rifle / shotgun - $10 registration fee
    50 cal anything - $15
    high cap mag (over 10 rounds) - $5 each.. yes EACH...

This is just the start... I bet the Feds will copy the wording if it passes..

Contact your elected officials where you live and tell them hell no..

TJ

Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I don't think a bill as drastic as that would stand a chance over here--but you are right about contacting our Indiana reps to remind them, "don't even think about it."

This will be interesting to follow.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    This has no chance of passing. There are too many down state legislators that would never vote for a piece of crap like this.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Today we won. That doesn't mean the war is over in Illinois but for right now we feel good. We melted the phone lines, filled up voice mail boxes fax'ed and filled out wittness slips for the committe meetings. Jim.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I got this from a friend. Pass it on to any Illinois residents you know and let them spread the word..

TJ

"Dear Friend,

The anti-gun Chicago legislators who were attempting to pick up in the House were the Senate left off last week, failed today to gain any movement on their legislation! Unfortunately, however, on Wednesday they will only add to their numbers with the swearing in of the new General Assembly which includes supermajorities for Senate President Cullerton and Speaker Madigan.
    Please help me to continue to fight for the 2nd Amendment by signing my online petition to Governor Quinn at: http://bit.ly/VEHcVm. There is strength in numbers and I'll forward the petition to him so that he will know just how many people do not support him on this!

Also, I would ask that you forward the above petition link to your friends via email and twitter and post it on your facebooks! We need as many people as possible to sign the petition!

As always, I'll do my best to keep you updated."

Top Bottom