• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I'm not mistaken, this legislation will require Republican votes to pass will it not? You think they are willing to do so?

Well, they weren't willing to raise taxes on the upper tier either. Now they have caved. You can't trust the Republicans any more than you can the Democrats. My fear is that all the ground we have gained with all of these new gun owners and people seeing the positive side of self-defense may well be lost. In the last year you can't go to the range or any gun store without seeing at least a couple people who are new to guns. Now that the liberal media has the ball I am afraid the weak minded will follow the even weaker minded.

rapaport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Bad people do not obey laws. A "BAN" will not stop a criminal from getting a gun and commiting a crime. If there needs to be a ban then they need to just remove all guns and remove the 2 amendment. If they do that then there will be WW3 between the people and government. What they need to do is evolve with time and step up security. We NEED to arm ourselves MORE. removing guns will increase crime. The criminals wont think twice about going into a place since he knows there is no gun. But if knowing knowing there are guns lawfully possessed then criminals will not mess with people, or at least reduce crime. Crime and criminals will NEVER go away.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I stopped in to Gander Mountain Saturday, after the Lafayette gun show...and my friend and i ran into two of our friends, BOTH there to buy an AR, over fear of the assault weapons ban.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well where I been, not much news. Maybe that's a good thing.
    Any way I get outa New Jack City this weekend, will be visiting Mark at Braddis for a lil xmas something. I been a good boy.
    Either an AR or Bulgy 106 U.

Last edited:

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    My belief is that "O" will create an executive order regarding weapons, then it will be up to Congress to fight about.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Remember rule #1 - Politicians care about getting reelected first and foremost.

If Republicans allow any sort of ban, they are gone. If Southern Democrats allow a ban, they will be gone.

They won't use the AWB method this time. Expect some extra curricular activities. This guy had the nerve to stand up there and mouth off about violence when his crew are responsible for a death count magnitudes higher in Mexico.
    A ban on it's own won't pass, thats a pretty sure deal as long as we don't just lay down and be trampled.

However, in the typical congressional fashion, the bill will be slipped into an important piece of republican legislation as a poison-pill just like the Hughes Amendment was slipped into the '86 FOPA and all the republicans will be drooling over themselves to pass it because they worked so hard to get to where they are, they aren't giving up just because of some nasty langauge that got slipped in there. Afterall, the "poison-pill" can always be repealed later right? We see how well that worked with the Hughes amendment.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    You don't think that they can find 13 RINOs who can be flipped?

As stated above its not just about republicans. You also have to persuade southern democrats that are pro gun. I think this whole AWB is just a scare, give it a month or two and this will all blow over.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think Sen. Feinstein has a big file cabinet full of anti 2A legislation. Normally, she'd grab the basic "new year ban", but this year, she's opened drawer two, and thumbed to the folder marked "school shooting (10+ dead)" to get the big one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As stated above its not just about republicans. You also have to persuade southern democrats that are pro gun. I think this whole AWB is just a scare, give it a month or two and this will all blow over.

These days getting anything through the Senate is near impossible - just a hint of a fillabuster is enough to kill legislation. The key downfall in Feinstein's bill is no grandfathering, that's enough to kill it.

I'm sure what will also happen is pro 2A legislation come up in many statehouses. Does this qualify as not letting a tragedy go to waste, too?

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    like Obama said - Never waste a crisis!
    Wasn't that George W.?

Many politicians sponsor bills that have no chance of going anywhere and they know it. They cater to their constituents demands.
    Both sides do it every year, try reading through some of the ridiculous bills that are started here in IN every year. Most never even make it out of committee, but the legislator can say they are trying. I'd bet less than half the bills introduced never even make it out of the first committee reading.

<-- has to review proposed legislation as part of my job.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    There is a chance of it passing. With the high profile crimes that have taken place in the last year. I think it has a good chance

I agree. Two weeks ago if someone asked me if it was possible for AW ban to be passed I would have said no way. In light of recent events, I would respond to the same question with an "I don't know." Things are crazy right now.

Something Wicked this way comes and its name is Feinstein.

Sadly. I do too :noway: Boehner can't even Hold Obama's feet to the fire on a Budget deal let alone a full blown Liberal Assault on the 2nd Amendment. Now, if Banning Happy Hour was the Question, Boehner would throw himself into the fray :rolleyes:

Top Bottom