• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cphan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    If wrong forum, I can repost.

I have a shotgun, CZ SCORPION EVO S1 and 2 revolvers I want to get rid of. I've never been to gun show and don't want to take the time to list them and sell them to an individual. Obviously, unloaded and probably in cases, but is there anything else I need to do? Can i load the 3 into a back pack so I can carry the shotgun, etc?

I travel too much and don't shoot enough now days and just trying slim down what I have.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I have a shotgun, CZ SCORPION EVO S1 and 2 revolvers I want to get rid of. I've never been to gun show and don't want to take the time to list them and sell them to an individual. Obviously, unloaded and probably in cases, but is there anything else I need to do? Can i load the 3 into a back pack so I can carry the shotgun, etc?

I travel too much and don't shoot enough now days and just trying slim down what I have.
    If you are going to sell to a shop for cash, generally expect less than 60% of market and some times significantly less than that.

As far as shops, I'd say call ahead and see what their protocols are. I'd generally go in to the shop, talk to them before bringing anything in like that. Generally yes, triple check they are clear and bring them in cased and if possible actions open, without a mag inserted, etc. I would NOT throw them all in a backpack and walk in.

I also would not expect to get anything for any accessories going that route and generally wouldn't even bring accessories, but since you don't want to take the time to sell anything individually, not sure what you would do with the accessories after the fact.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I usually just carry them in to show off what I got...

Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 3.14.25 PM.png

To help get my sales started I'll announce the sale so everyone can hear...

tenor.gif

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Well first you put em down your pants against your twig and berries, then you pull em out and offer to sell

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Take em to the gun store loaded. It's a good way to test if the salesmen knows his stuff or not. If he doesn't immediately clear each gun and then tell you to get the he!! out of his store, you'll know he's a newb. At that point, you know you've got yourself a sucker ready to pay top dollar for your goods.

Or just listen to WebSnyper. He seems to have you covered.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will answer your question. The best way is to make a sign in as big a letters as you can fit on the sign. List the gun and the price, put it on your backpack. Walk around some. there is often a place to sit around the entrance that gets sellers hanging around.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I will answer your question. The best way is to make a sign in as big a letters as you can fit on the sign. List the gun and the price, put it on your backpack. Walk around some. there is often a place to sit around the entrance that gets sellers hanging around.
    There ya go, apologies, I had thought OP did not want to go to a gun show, so gave advice on shops, etc, but re-reading it, he said he had not been to one previously.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave

Show them to me FIRST..
    Your absence of location is noted...Bill

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    IMO, put an ad up here and sell them to well established INGO member, once you've verified they are a Indiana resident and are a "proper person" by looking at their DL and LTCH.

It doesn't get much easier (or safer) than that. Active INGO members are some of the best out there (that I've found).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    IMO, put an ad up here and sell them to well established INGO member, once you've verified they are a Indiana resident and are a "proper person" by looking at their DL and LTCH.

It doesn't get much easier (or safer) than that. Active INGO members are some of the best out there (that I've found).
    Well with only 3 posts in 12 years he'd have to actually participate in the forum and get that post count up or become a site supporter to use the classifieds

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Wish people walking around gun shows would do this too...it would be so much easier than trying to guess what they have...

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks, to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

O, **** just send me a PM, are these the same ones you owned when you joined in 2012? Or have you bought n sold guns since then? I’ll tell you up front- I’m an individual, so if that makes a difference you know in advance.

Where did you buy them? How many rounds through each one. You obviously had time to shot them, unless you didn’t, then they would be new. Are they new in the box?

What kind of wheel guns? What chambering? I’m looking for a 7.62x54 Smith in a Airweight configuration. I’ll pay a premium.

standing by for an answer???

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    .....What kind of wheel guns? What chambering? I’m looking for a 7.62x54 Smith in a Airweight configuration. I’ll pay a premium.

Damn straight, you'll pay a premium!
    First one of those you touch off, the premium might be continued use of your gun hand.

If you're really that dedicated to lightweight carry, get the 50 BMG in scandium.

Top Bottom