• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    I believe there are plenty of Humans walking this earth that could have kept their composer during this event. The problem is, most people with that type of self control are making much more money doing something else. I maintain that they have no business "Protecting and Serving" the public with the lack of self control they displayed.

I do not know if you have ever been a LEO before, but given by the content of your post, I would assume the answer is "no".

Unless you have been in that type of situation before, you don't know what you would do. You have every right to your opinion, but to state that they "have no business" doing their job, which you seem to have little knowledge of, is not fair.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Biggdogg, with all due respect, these 5 really don't have any business doing that job and were therefore removed from their positions permanently. Either that or the one who removed them has no business in the position he's in?

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I for one could never make it as a LEO and even if I could, why on earth would I put myself in such a horrible loose/loose job? Is what happened in this situation bad? Sure...but who am I or any of the wacks we vote into office/power to armchair quarterback those who risk their lives for us. What they have to deal with and all the stress and adrenaline...and the RULES (law) they have to abide by, I can't imagine how that all factors into situations as intense as they face. All I know is , I’m pretty sure that more than likely I would crumble and fail.

While they should have not beaten the guy, we have all seen videos of far less violence that the media and the bleeding hearts wanted retribution for. So we have to draw the line, and say this was it. I think they should have been reprimanded , but to lose their jobs? No. I don’t believe so (unless there were other previous infractions or history, etc).

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Biggdogg, with all due respect, these 5 really don't have any business doing that job and were therefore removed from their positions permanently. Either that or the one who removed them has no business in the position he's in?

Absolutely...I'm in total agreement. I used to be a LEO and I know damn good and well that if that had been me...I'd have been the one getting fired.

However, the point I was trying to make (maybe poorly) was that if you've NEVER been in that type of stressful situation, you can't possibly know HOW you'd react.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    They needed to be removed for what they did...for their actions. Not because they are human beings who have emotions. You'll never find one that doesn't. So we'll never have the "perfect" police officer.

I believe the statement made by the mayor of Birmingham was right on the money. :twocents:

Top Bottom