• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Yes, that was very excessive. There was no reason for them to way lay on the guy after he was ejected from the vehicle and layed there unconscious.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I am sooooooo sick of this crap. The ******* in the van gave up his rights when he ran down the cop in the beginning of the video. What if that was someone you worked with, a friend?? I guess you would you would just let him go?? If that happened to someone I love right in front of me, I don't think I could stop myself from killing them. The cops went a little overboard, but how do you want them to react when they see a fellow officer run down? It's time we stop defending the criminals. If they had greater consiquences for what they do, like being shot to death, I bet crime would go down. If you run, you die. Whos going to run????????

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am sooooooo sick of this crap. The ******* in the van gave up his rights when he ran down the cop in the beginning of the video. What if that was someone you worked with, a friend?? I guess you would you would just let him go?? If that happened to someone I love right in front of me, I don't think I could stop myself from killing them. The cops went a little overboard, but how do you want them to react when they see a fellow officer run down? It's time we stop defending the criminals. If they had greater consiquences for what they do, like being shot to death, I bet crime would go down. If you run, you die. Whos going to run????????

And I am glad you are not a cop, or at least hope you are not. I fully understand the feeling of "that guy needs an a$$ whooping to learn him something" and maybe even might understand extra force in a restraining situation, etc. But, really, group beating an unconscious suspect is something very much else.

Seriously.

smhall3212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009

The cops were out of line yes as a civilian lets beat this guy down but the cops are required to protect the citizans, yeah this guy messed up but if you read what he said it was a unmarked car and the "cop" didnt identify himself, regardless that badge they give you as a cop dosnt give you the right to beat on people just because your are upset at their actions these guys are the reason people dont like cops let the court take the action of putting a hurt on this guy. Bottom line these guys would still have their jobs if they would have been enforcing the law not trying to be the law!!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The video is certainly shocking, and it is really hard to watch the police officers beat the unconscious driver after he is ejected. It goes without saying that this type of behavior is not ideal.

But, I think it is hard to underestimate the adrenaline/anger that the police officers must've been feeling when the chase ended. It does not excuse their behavior, but perhaps it helps explain it -- at least a little bit.

Let me make an analogy. Imagine if someone harmed or attempted to harm a member of your family and you caught up to them. We all might end up doing something we might later regret. I feel it might be a similar situation for these police officers.

Again, police officers simply cannot beat people. Especially an unconscious man. This video shows a tragic situation where everyone ends up losing.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    they should have waited for him to come too and then beat him when the camera's wernt running. These ahole criminals pull this **** because they know there arent any real consiquences.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The video is certainly shocking, and it is really hard to watch the police officers beat the unconscious driver after he is ejected. It goes without saying that this type of behavior is not ideal.

But, I think it is hard to underestimate the adrenaline/anger that the police officers must've been feeling when the chase ended. It does not excuse their behavior, but perhaps it helps explain it -- at least a little bit.

Let me make an analogy. Imagine if someone harmed or attempted to harm a member of your family and you caught up to them. We all might end up doing something we might later regret. I feel it might be a similar situation for these police officers.

Again, police officers simply cannot beat people. Especially an unconscious man. This video shows a tragic situation where everyone ends up losing.

Well put.

Understandable is not the same as acceptable. That is why they will hopefully not lose their freedom (i.e. face criminal charges), even if they do lose their jobs.

What I find so strange is that every cop jumped out and wanted to get in a lick or two as if they were all agreed to that action. It was not like two guys watching as two guys put a sustained beat on the guy.

And for those who say this would teach the guy a lesson, ummm... he was not awake for class.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Maybe if one LEO was beating the guy and other LEO's were restraining the out of control LEO they would have been ok. Anyways, understandable under that kind of adrenaline but not acceptable.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    While it is sad that they chose to take this type of action. It cost them their jobs and maybe more. That is yet to be determined by the outcome of the investigation.

This is many ways is similar to the people out there that make responsible gun owners look bad and give fuel to the anti-gunners fight. While not all cops would behave this way, these are the types of things that make people at the least leery of cops and other just outright hate them.

I am in no way bashing officers.I have friends who are officers. And I understand that they are people and susceptible to anger in situations like this. So while it may be understandable, I have to agree that it isn't condonable.

Jet I

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Of course he deserved it but should they really have been the ones to give it to him?

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    If you can't keep a level head in a situation like this, you have no place in the world of LE. Simple as that. The guy said he didnt even know he took the beating from the cops until he saw the video. I think every law enforcement academy needs to make all the trainees watch every episode of Andy Griffith as part of their training.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    While it is sad that they chose to take this type of action. It cost them their jobs and maybe more. That is yet to be determined by the outcome of the investigation.

This is many ways is similar to the people out there that make responsible gun owners look bad and give fuel to the anti-gunners fight. While not all cops would behave this way, these are the types of things that make people at the least leery of cops and other just outright hate them.

I am in no way bashing officers.I have friends who are officers. And I understand that they are people and susceptible to anger in situations like this. So while it may be understandable, I have to agree that it isn't condonable.

If you won't bash these officers for beating an unconscious man then what would a LEO have to do to be out of line..in your opinion? The problem with this particular action (aside from the obvious) is that it looks as if their dept. has long condoned this type of behavior which led to 5..count them..5...taking part in the assault. Th winner will be the a%& hat who will make millions off this video. Who says crime doesn't pay?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you can't keep a level head in a situation like this, you have no place in the world of LE. Simple as that.
    To being with, that's just ridiculous. Those 5 individuals are human and just witnessed the runner attempt to purposely murder a brother. I, in no way condone their actions...but given the same situation, I doubt there is a man alive that wouldn't either have done the same thing or at a minimum, would have had the same desire. The trick is to maintain control so it doesn't play out that way. They failed to maintain control. They failed to emotionally seperate themselves from the situation.

Unfortunately, you can't put yourself in their shoes. The best you can do is armchair quarterback the situation. You or I will never know what they were thinking. They lost their jobs...and perhaps rightfully so. In my personal opinion, they will undoubtedly serve time in jail for their actions. If they do, judging it to be right or wrong, would be just my opinion.

But don't spout off this holier than thou crap about having no place in LE. They are just like anyone else...they have the same emotions and fears that you do...made from the same skin and bone you and I are. If you think they can turn it off and on like a light switch, you're living in a fantasy world. I'd like to think I wouldn't have done such, (and I pray to God that I never have to find out) but none of us will never know how we would have reacted.

Again, I'm not defending their actions...what they did was wrong and unacceptable behavior...a reaction to an action...and there is no defense for it. They will be punished in a manner in which their local laws permit I'm sure. I'd like to think I wouldn't have reacted as such...but hopefully I'll never find out. If you can say without certainty that you wouldn't have done or at least wanted to do the same thing...you're a better man than I am. :twocents:

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Maybe if one LEO was beating the guy and other LEO's were restraining the out of control LEO they would have been ok. Anyways, understandable under that kind of adrenaline but not acceptable.
    No...it wouldn't have been OK. It would never be OK. They will receive the consequences for their actions...which I'm sure will be severe. And yes, we can attempt to understand why they reacted as such...and never, ever can it be deemed acceptable under any circumstances.

The driver of the vehicle purposely swerved in an attempt to strike the officer. Most people would have swerved away. This makes it clear his intentions were to either inflict severe injury or kill the officer. There is no other explanation for it. Does this type of behavior deserve a beating? The answer would be just my personal opinion. Bear in mind whether the driver deserved it and whether or not it is right are two different things.

The 5 officers' reaction...regardless of whether or not you feel it justified can never become acceptable behavior. The best we should do is to attempt to understand why these events took place without making excuses or allowances for this type of behavior from these 5 individuals.

Last edited:

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    To being with, that's just ridiculous. Those 5 individuals are human and just witnessed the runner attempt to purposely murder a brother. I, in no way condone their actions...but given the same situation, I doubt there is a man alive that wouldn't either have done the same thing or at a minimum, would have had the same desire. The trick is to maintain control so it doesn't play out that way. They failed to maintain control. They failed to emotionally seperate themselves from the situation.

Unfortunately, you can't put yourself in their shoes. The best you can do is armchair quarterback the situation. You or I will never know what they were thinking. They lost their jobs...and perhaps rightfully so. In my personal opinion, they will undoubtedly serve time in jail for their actions. If they do, judging it to be right or wrong, would be just my opinion.

But don't spout off this holier than thou crap about having no place in LE. They are just like anyone else...they have the same emotions and fears that you do...made from the same skin and bone you and I are. If you think they can turn it off and on like a light switch, you're living in a fantasy world. I'd like to think I wouldn't have done such, (and I pray to God that I never have to find out) but none of us will never know how we would have reacted.

Again, I'm not defending their actions...what they did was wrong and unacceptable behavior...a reaction to an action...and there is no defense for it. They will be punished in a manner in which their local laws permit I'm sure. I'd like to think I wouldn't have reacted as such...but hopefully I'll never find out. If you can say without certainty that you wouldn't have done or at least wanted to do the same thing...you're a better man than I am. :twocents:

I believe there are plenty of Humans walking this earth that could have kept their composer during this event. The problem is, most people with that type of self control are making much more money doing something else. I maintain that they have no business "Protecting and Serving" the public with the lack of self control they displayed.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I believe there are plenty of Humans walking this earth that could have kept their composer during this event. The problem is, most people with that type of self control are making much more money doing something else. I maintain that they have no business "Protecting and Serving" the public with the lack of self control they displayed.
    Money has nothing to do with it. Human emotion was the contributing factor. It doesn't come and go. Neither does it make it right.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN

And when you become an officer, you give up the right to be the jury and the executioner.

Top Bottom