• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    good info....I, too, have several smaller tanks and a few larger ones. Would like to learn more about the propane generator. Something to look into
    Checkout this threads.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne-generator.html?highlight=propane+generator

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne-generator.html?highlight=propane+generator

If you do a quick search in the Survival and Disaster Preparedness section for propane generator you will find a hundred threads about it and another 100 threads just about generator. Hope that helps you.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    For all of you prepping, please remember this little piece of bullcrap.

Tanks of propane
    Duct tape
    Lithium batteries

are all considered to be precursors to the manufacturing of meth, and stocking these can end up with you being charged with intent to manufacture a controlled substance

It's a crap law, but it stands as the law as far as I know.

I say bring it. Everyone should make the cops jump thru the legal hoops of getting a search warrant past a judge and then after that the prosecuting attorney has to put enough on the line to bring charges. If the PA does, he better be able to hold his claims for prosecution up to the Bar review board, once a complaint is made against him, or he potentially loses his license to practice. Same goes for the judge. These avenues of reproach ensure that the PAs and judges perform due diligence and have skin in the game before they take a serious legal action against a party. Cops have to perform the same due diligence when getting a search warrant or end up in front of the Professional Standard and Conduct board.

The sad part of this is that most people aren't aware of these and don't pursue them when wrongly accused. Since the PAs and judges aren't constantly questioned as to their actions, they have become blaise about some things.

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    On the 20 lb(grill) and up tanks, it is when liquid or denser vapors are coming out of the bleeder valve. On the 1 lb by weight.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    For all of you prepping, please remember this little piece of bullcrap.

Tanks of propane
    Duct tape
    Lithium batteries

are all considered to be precursors to the manufacturing of meth, and stocking these can end up with you being charged with intent to manufacture a controlled substance

It's a crap law, but it stands as the law as far as I know.
    Maybe if you have the batteries stripped out and the lithium removed, a bottle apparatus duct taped together, and your cylinders are full of ammonia instead of propane; but standing intact I don't see it....

Remember, it is Intent that has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I would be mightily interested to hear of a person charged who simply had those three items intact.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I haven't had any problem with the small bottles leaking in their new, unused state. But after they've been placed on a device and used they do have a tendency to leak after being removed.

Yes I stock propane. I have a number of 20lb bottles for my grill etc (I can cook outdoors for a LONG time with what I have stored). I also keep several small tanks on hand for lantern/torch/etc.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My 14kw generator runs on a 1k tank of propane, also keep tanks large and small. It's about the easiest self contained energy storage there is.:)

Top Bottom