• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The only plus to propane is you are off the grid so to speak. Usually Nipso is usually happy to work with you on the hookup. My folks went from fuel oil to NG. The cost was minimal but I don't remember the run of the length.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have one that has been sitting to be picked up for 3 weeks now. We were with East Side Propane but a couple of times last winter they sat on our road in front of the house calling me from their cell telling me they couldn't get up our drive. I asked him if he had tried and he said NO but I know I can't. So the next week the same thing they cam out but didn't even try to get up the drive. I was worried about running out of propane which means no heat and my lungs can't handle the cold at all. Finally one of the drivers after putting us off for 3 weeks got the truck up the drive with no problems and gave us propane. I think it was because we were on a locked price which was much cheaper than what they were getting from lots of others so they were making sure to get to them before us to get more money. Brad ditched them about 5 weeks ago and hey still have not given Brad his refund and their tank is still sitting here.
    So do not use East Side Propane they are rude and will over charge you.

Follow the money. Always about the money.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We found a place online where if you prepay for so many gallons you get a sized tank for free. There were a few options but the one I remember was a 250 gallon tank... Buy/prepay for 5 fills and you keep the tank and can be done with them if you choose. I think their rate was 1.17/gal then there was a flashing thing on their website that said new customers 7 cents off per gallon.

We are waiting to hear from east side gas but I think I will tell them no thanks after hearing what Knife Lady said.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I buy my propane from Decatur county REMC and is delivered by Bartholomew county CO-OP. I own my tank and they put a meter on my line and charge me for what I use monthly . I have a locked in rate of $1.89 a gallon. was $1.78 a gallon last year.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The only plus to propane is you are off the grid so to speak. Usually Nipso is usually happy to work with you on the hookup. My folks went from fuel oil to NG. The cost was minimal but I don't remember the run of the length.
    Not really, but........

We found a place online where if you prepay for so many gallons you get a sized tank for free. There were a few options but the one I remember was a 250 gallon tank... Buy/prepay for 5 fills and you keep the tank and can be done with them if you choose. I think their rate was 1.17/gal then there was a flashing thing on their website that said new customers 7 cents off per gallon.

We are waiting to hear from east side gas but I think I will tell them no thanks after hearing what Knife Lady said.

I'd take 'at price.....an'run like a hook'd catfish with it......:yesway:

I buy my propane from Decatur county REMC and is delivered by Bartholomew county CO-OP. I own my tank and they put a meter on my line and charge me for what I use monthly . I have a locked in rate of $1.89 a gallon. was $1.78 a gallon last year.

You use propane fer EVERthing?......:dunno:......heat.....waterheater.....cookstove, etc?.......if ya do, at's WHY ya can buy it / lock-in 'at the price......I could'n git nowheres close ta that......even back in Summer.......

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I told them to come pick up their tank because it was now sitting in the driveway waiting for them. Then, they tried to charge me a fee to pick up THEIR tank. I told them they had three choices...I could drag it down the road to them behind my truck, I could drag it in the woods and use it for target practice or they could come and pick it up for free and make sure that charge was reversed. They picked it up.

Wow. Epic douchebags.

My mom called the Hamilton County CoOp where she gets hers from after Grandma passed away (she lived next door). Mom was having the house razed because it was too old and wasnt worth updating to sell. They not only came out and removed their tank for free, they also bought back 100% of the cost at market rates and credited Mom's account. (tank was 3/4 full) The only hangup was they had to wait to remove the tank because the early spring soil was too wet and mushy to get a truck in.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow. Epic douchebags.

My mom called the Hamilton County CoOp where she gets hers from after Grandma passed away (she lived next door). Mom was having the house razed because it was too old and wasnt worth updating to sell. They not only came out and removed their tank for free, they also bought back 100% of the cost at market rates and credited Mom's account. The only hangup was they had to wait to remove the tank because the early spring soil was too wet and mushy to get a truck in.

Our tank was empty. We had Co-op bring out a new tank and put it in place and hook it up. We used our tractor to move the old tank and then called them to come and get it due to their high rates and then getting the "tank rental" bill because we had failed to call for a fill.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

That is sure a great price. The price around here seems to be close to the price of gasoline. Brandon posting 1.17 a gallon??? If that is true I would jump on it. 1/3 of what I am paying here. I just use it to heat the back pole barn. Too much work for me to run a NG line out that far.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We got filled in August on summer fill prices and it was $1.89 a gallon. We saved 10 cents a gallon if we pay in full within 10 days. I'm glad we only fill once a year. I think it was around $680 this year.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Im running NG but I just bought a wood pellet stove to keep me warm and entertained this winter. I needed it for the west side of the house. My 1900 built house has the energy efficiency of a piece of paper. Its just not worth doing anything with this house other than bandaids until next year....Im building a new bigger house set back further from the road.

If I were the OP I would ask the gas company to spread the hookup fee over months or even a year then rent a walk behind trencher and buy the gas rated pipe and run it himself. Tell the gas company: "here is my line, tap it into yours!". If need be pay someone to run the pipe in to the house and hookup appliance(s). I wouldnt touch propane unless it was the ONLY possible energy source. Too volatile and too many headaches with the suppliers. Ive NEVER in my life seen a residential failure to deliver NG.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just last week paid $3.59/gallon plus fees from Suburban Propane We have a 320 gallon tank that was at 45% and bought 129 gallons. Total was over $500. We only use it for water heating, cooking, and a small 10kbtu backup heater for the house. After getting raped by them last winter during the shortage ($1200 to fill it) after this fill we are no longer going to use propane. Over the last year I've been working on a biogas digester system and a pyrolysis system for gas, and have been building a huge compost pile through which I ran 100' of poly pipe and am plumbing that into the water heater. Temp inside the pile right now is 156F. Given that I own a sawmill and have a bunch of wood waste free, it chafes my ass to give them money. We only get one fill a year and they charge a tank rental on top of all the fees during delivery.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I just last week paid $3.59/gallon plus fees from Suburban Propane We have a 320 gallon tank that was at 45% and bought 129 gallons. Total was over $500. We only use it for water heating, cooking, and a small 10kbtu backup heater for the house. After getting raped by them last winter during the shortage ($1200 to fill it) after this fill we are no longer going to use propane. Over the last year I've been working on a biogas digester system and a pyrolysis system for gas, and have been building a huge compost pile through which I ran 100' of poly pipe and am plumbing that into the water heater. Temp inside the pile right now is 156F. Given that I own a sawmill and have a bunch of wood waste free, it chafes my ass to give them money. We only get one fill a year and they charge a tank rental on top of all the fees during delivery.

:yesway:.....Yer post, rite'ere is long an' short......why I told MY supplier ta shove in they azz......:xmad:

WHY rape MY azz....on price, just 'cause I only need 1 tank-fill a yr ?(gaslogs only, total electric)

If they can sell ta Joe Blow @ less'n 2 bux a gal......can sell ta EVERbody for the same price......IMO.....

'Ef'em........:xmad:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I just last week paid $3.59/gallon plus fees from Suburban Propane We have a 320 gallon tank that was at 45% and bought 129 gallons. ............. Given that I own a sawmill and have a bunch of wood waste free,

I can't believe the difference in prices that you guys are posting. I thought it was pretty stable at about $3 a gallon. I know last year toward the end of winter in near doubled because of the demand and the supply ran low.

On the other hand, I knew a guy that I delivered a wood compressor. No idea how it turned out. heavy steel thing. you would feed sawdust into it and it would compress it into wood pellets for a wood stove. You may toss that idea around and see if it may benefit you. All I know is he bought it from China and it was heavy.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I can't believe the difference in prices that you guys are posting. I thought it was pretty stable at about $3 a gallon. I know last year toward the end of winter in near doubled because of the demand and the supply ran low.

On the other hand, I knew a guy that I delivered a wood compressor. No idea how it turned out. heavy steel thing. you would feed sawdust into it and it would compress it into wood pellets for a wood stove. You may toss that idea around and see if it may benefit you. All I know is he bought it from China and it was heavy.

If ya HEAT with it ( and run appliances, waterheater, etc....)......they'll price it lower/lock a price.....cause they KNOW they gonna fill ya a few times during the season..... :whistle:

Reason i tol'im ta come git they da*n tank.....:xmad: ......call'd for price on 250 gal b'fore the season Aug, '13.......almost 4.50 a gall then.......was up ta almost 5 bux by T-give'n........:xmad:

Top Bottom