• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    i don't keep anything... ??? lol hopefully noone takes my stuff. I should atleast record serial numbers in case one is stolen for the report.

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Be very careful giving too much information to the insurance agent..because he sends all that info to an underwriter and he is not your friend.

I found that my homeowners only covered the first $3000 in firearms so I asked about a rider on my policy. I recorded make and model and took photos of the guns as a group. Took 2 pix to show all the long guns laid out on my king bed and one to show the handguns and trust me...the bed was difficult to see in the pix...LOL

BUT!!! A week later I get a letter from the insurance company. Expecting an explanation of my new rider I opened it and was shocked to discover that they had CANCELLED ME!!! They cited that the house had a boarded up window (one that we removed due to covering it inside with a new shower stall) and that there was bare wood exposed in several areas on the outside of the house. YES!!! it was going through renovations!!!! We were preparing to put on new siding and had already replaced every window - they didn' like that there was bare wood at the windows since we replaced huge old windows with smaller double-hung ones.

The agent (a long-time friend) told me that the number of guns we had was the real reason but that the company would never admit to that. He was nice enough to have already called around to get me a policy through a different company.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    & the name of the insurance company that canned you was? That name needs to go on the thread of "anti gun companies" so they do not get our :spend:

Top Bottom