• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    So are democrats cured if this flaw if they become Republicans?

A Democrat that became a Republican would immediately lose the support and protection of the sycophantic media and would almost certainly become a target. See Trump, Donald J. for an example. A Democrat becoming a Republican makes about as much sense as the Russians helping Trump to beat Clinton who they had already bought and paid for.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Lol, wut? Are you saying that our intelligence services made it up? But then again you're right. The evidence should be made public, because it would be desirable to let the Russians backtrack how they were caught. Classified protocols be damned. We need evidence, or else it's a lie!
    There aren't state secret classified protocols for determining how someone was hacked. It is done the same way any other crime is solved, investigation and deduction. You find the exploit, and you backtrack how it was introduced into the system.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because for some reason, Bush II thought he needed to be friends with the media. He let them run him over and he refused to bypass them in order to get info out.

So let me get this straight. You believe that there really were stockpiles of WMD in Iraq, and that Bush knew about it, but falsely admitted that they didn't find them, as a ruse to get in good with the press? What do you base that on?

My earlier point was that the CIA is not infallible. They said there were WMD in Iraq. They later admitted in the final report that while they did find some WMD, there was nowhere near the stockpiles that they believed Saddam had.

Here's Bush supposedly kissing the media's ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs

But as you watch, I would suggest a different context. Here's a man who thought he was right, went to war because of what he believed, and afterwards found out he was wrong. And this press conference is him trying to cling to some belief that what he did was still justifiable, if not for WMD, for other reasons.

I'm sorry to make this about Bush, but since we're talking about it... I said elsewhere that Bush made ideologically based decisions, especially in his first term. After reading Bush's book, I came away thinking that the reason he started making more pragmatic decisions was because he learned he was wrong about Iraq. Life has a way of beating the ideology out of you. You believe in some principle so much, and you make decisions based on that principle, and when the decision blows up and you find out that what you believed was wrong, you learn from it. That's the thing I admire about Bush. For all his faults, he admitted when he was wrong. And even though he still tried to justify Iraq, decisions that he made thereafter seemed to be less ideologically based. So I'll give him that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So let me get this straight. You believe that there really were stockpiles of WMD in Iraq, and that Bush knew about it, but falsely admitted that they didn't find them, as a ruse to get in good with the press? What do you base that on?

My earlier point was that the CIA is not infallible. They said there were WMD in Iraq. They later admitted in the final report that while they did find some WMD, there was nowhere near the stockpiles that they believed Saddam had.

Here's Bush supposedly kissing the media's ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs

But as you watch, I would suggest a different context. Here's a man who thought he was right, went to war because of what he believed, and afterwards found out he was wrong. And this press conference is him trying to cling to some belief that what he did was still justifiable, if not for WMD, for other reasons.

I'm sorry to make this about Bush, but since we're talking about it... I said elsewhere that Bush made ideologically based decisions, especially in his first term. After reading Bush's book, I came away thinking that the reason he started making more pragmatic decisions was because he learned he was wrong about Iraq. Life has a way of beating the ideology out of you. You believe in some principle so much, and you make decisions based on that principle, and when the decision blows up and you find out that what you believed was wrong, you learn from it. That's the thing I admire about Bush. For all his faults, he admitted when he was wrong. And even though he still tried to justify Iraq, decisions that he made thereafter seemed to be less ideologically based. So I'll give him that.

"What he believed" based on the intelligence he was given, which was the same intelligence that Congress was given, and the basis of their initial support for going in. Once public opinion and evidence started going the other way, the Congress members (predominantly the ones with "D" after their names), suddenly pretended that they never supported going in. Quite a difference between admitting one is wrong and denying that one made the wrong decision in the first place.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Name one person here who's argued the Russians hacked the voting machines or 'the election'.

Apparently folks conflate influencing with tampering.

If the russians releasing information for all of us to see to influence the election is "tampering", then all of the superPACs and candidates that put up stuff via political ads are also tampering as those commercials and print ads are also designed to influence the election.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Apparently folks conflate influencing with tampering.

If the russians releasing information for all of us to see to influence the election is "tampering", then all of the superPACs and candidates that put up stuff via political ads are also tampering as those commercials and print ads are also designed to influence the election.

Absolutely!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    George Soros is not an American (check that, I guess he has dual citizenship) and they LOVE him spending millions trying to disrupt and influence our elections

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Russians, via Wikileaks, provided information to the American electorate that our government and media were doing their best to suppress.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Question for the libs....are we trusting the same CIA that told you about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? If so, why?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why is everyone so pissed about the Russia scandal. Please thank them for doing us a favor and not allowing that see you next Thursday in office.

I'd like to think it is because this country has grown tired of lies being accepted as truth. I'm hoping we will begin moving back to an era where the truth has actual value.

Top Bottom