• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I rented a basic tux, bought her corsage, drove my car, paid for a nice dinner. Our families took the photos. I don't know what she spent on the dress, hair style and make-up but it was worth every dollar (she looked beautiful). I don't remember having to buy tickets to the prom but I do remember helping decorate (painting temporary walls for the gym). Mrs. Slawburger was Prom Queen Runner-Up and we had a great time.

Our prom expenses weren't a burden to anyone and it was a very nice evening. I think in general we make things more expensive than they need to be today. You can have a memorable evening without spending a fortune. The right girl and good friends make the evening.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Didn't go to senior prom. Went bowling instead. I think I made the right decision.

I did not go to the Prom. I went to the after prom and that cost about $3.00 for a pint of vodka.

Similar... didn't go, didn't make a bit of difference, married the girl I was dating during high school after I graduated from college, and 27 years after high school, and 22 years married and guess what, prom still doesn't matter to me. I won't be putting out big money for my son or daughter to go. If they want to go and put their money into it, that is their call.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I went to prom. Guys have it cheaper.

nowadays there are proms and jr. proms, and homecoming, etc... I only went to one, my senior year prom.
    Seems girls wind up going to several... pita from a dad standpoint. Somehow we made it through. Lot's of worry throughout, but in the end, it all worked out better than we had expected.
    Keep the budget tight... if they really want to go, you'd be surprised how they can make due.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I saved a years wages by not going to prom:):

I did dance with a mentally disabled girl that couldn't afford prom the Monday after. played stairway to heaven on my phone and we danced in the middle of the hallway during passing period. It was really cool to see how happy it made her.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I did the responsible thing. I volunteered to work. I don't regret it one bit. I also didn't waste money going to graduation. I went to work instead. Dropped by the school later in the month and picked up my diploma.

Top Bottom