• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    i am new to reloading and i could go on and on about Andrew and those guys there but i will keep it short.
    i took the beginner class Tuesday evening.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent.
    why did i not start doing this a LONG time ago?
    oh man, if anyone here is thinking about it, just do it.

for now, this is all but, oh man, why everyone that shoots and has the room and the means is not doing this, they/you should look into it right away.

again, oh man! A freakin +.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Can I make this my signature ?

Thanks, man. Testimonials like this make me want to keep teaching.

+1 to you, load safely, and for the future class members, I hope your experiences are the same.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Any more classes scheduled? I get through Indy on Wednesdays, might be able to hang around on my way back north. I fumbled around on my own a few years ago when I couldn't buy 9mm anywhere, and was successful, but interested in being able to to .357, .44mag, and .223.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    i am new to reloading and i could go on and on about Andrew and those guys there but i will keep it short.
    i took the beginner class Tuesday evening.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent.
    why did i not start doing this a LONG time ago?
    oh man, if anyone here is thinking about it, just do it.

for now, this is all but, oh man, why everyone that shoots and has the room and the means is not doing this, they/you should look into it right away.

again, oh man! A freakin +.

Were they recording in the studio next door during the class? I would like to attend one, but my old body and ears won't take the sound coming from that studio. I was in there last Saturday and after less than 10 minutes, I had to leave.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Were they recording in the studio next door during the class? I would like to attend one, but my old body and ears won't take the sound coming from that studio. I was in there last Saturday and after less than 10 minutes, I had to leave.

The class is down stairs so the noise is usually only upstairs so it shouldn't really be an issue. Plus they will not be there much longer;)

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    yes, for a little while at the end but, i am a retired sound guy so i did not even notice until someone else pointed it out.
    i also know the guy who owns the studio, and there is a band that pays to practice there at night(common studio thing, extra money) and they do get going about 8 or so.
    it is still worth every minute there and one thing i know for sure, no band lasts forever!(the stones do not count)

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    The class is down stairs so the noise is usually only upstairs so it shouldn't really be an issue. Plus they will not be there much longer;)

^^^^this^^^^

no band lasts forever!

the studio is mostly an editing/post house.
    that means most of the stuff he does is in a sound proof control room or in headphones and not at practice/recording volume levels.
    i will find out more from the studio owner as to when bands are practicing there and when there will be scorching sounds coming out and try to pass along the info that might effect the reloading class.
    by the way the studio owner is a personal friend for a long time and really cool.
    just remember, most people in the music biz who are not rock stars, are cool.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Agreed Mark and victor are good guys! It's not their fault it just so happens their studio is on the other side of our wall.

Not saying anything against them or whether they are good or bad. But I can say, it is nowhere close to soundproof!:)

I just don't want to take a spot from someone else, drive the 1+ hour down only to have to leave part way through the class.

I'm getting into reloading, have most of my equipment now and I think I could learn a lot by coming down. I have confidence in Profire based on all the positive reviews here. It is just my issue with Tinnitus and overly sensitive ears that affects me.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Not saying anything against them or whether they are good or bad. But I can say, it is nowhere close to soundproof!:)

I just don't want to take a spot from someone else, drive the 1+ hour down only to have to leave part way through the class.

I'm getting into reloading, have most of my equipment now and I think I could learn a lot by coming down. I have confidence in Profire based on all the positive reviews here. It is just my issue with Tinnitus and overly sensitive ears that affects me.

We completely understand.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

I'm sure a lot of guys appreciate your heads up on the noise. Sounds distracting.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    During the class, it isn't bad at all. Can you hear it? Yes. Is it loud? No. They were jammin their butts off when I took the class and it wasn't bad at all. I have not been upstairs at all while they were jammin but during the class its not bad at all.

Top Bottom