• ...and so much more!
  • stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Hey all, I was looking into buying a springfield prodigy, and was just wondering about any need to knows or immediate fixes or anything I should be looking out for? I know I have heard of disconnector hang up and feeding/extracting issues, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Looking at the 4.25 inch version if that matters.

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    The newest versions should have alot of that fixed, but it still is a 70 series design.

IMO, grab an EGW ignition kit and whatever brand of trigger you want(I use atlas).

That should take care of most anything problem wise with the MIM parts.

I also recommend having a marvel disco cut done and replace the extractor with an EGW HD.

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    So from EGW I did,

Ignition kit
    Magwell
    Magwell Mainspring Housing
    Slide stop
    HD Extractor
    Ti Strut

Like $400ish from them.

Atlas trigger I think run $60

Did this in stages. Getting ready to head back to AllenM for some more work

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    So from EGW I did,

Ignition kit
    Magwell
    Magwell Mainspring Housing
    Slide stop
    HD Extractor
    Ti Strut

Like $400ish from them.

Atlas trigger I think run $60

Did this in stages. Getting ready to head back to AllenM for some more work
    Seems like a decent package for the price, what kind of improvements did you see from doing all that?

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Reliability, better trigger, not having to worry about MIM parts failing

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Some are fans of the Platypus and I think if you are neck deep in Glock mags, it’s a good choice.

I’m way too deep in 2011 mags to switch

Last edited:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    As long as you can legally own it, I can be given to you as a gift I know plenty of dads who bought handguns as gifts for their sons!
    I know that the gifting itself is legal, my problem lies in that I would have to give my relative money, which legally considers it a strawman sale.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know that the gifting itself is legal, my problem lies in that I would have to give my relative money, which legally considers it a strawman sale.
    is your relative going to call the atf and say “I bought a handgun for my under 21 year old relative?”…how is the shop going to know it’s a straw purchase?…I think you’re overthinking this

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    is your relative going to call the atf and say “I bought a handgun for my under 21 year old relative?”…how is the shop going to know it’s a straw purchase?…I think you’re overthinking this
    Sorry I didn’t see this sooner, got caught up in other threads. I probably am overthinking it, but at the same time, I found a prodigy so it’s in the past. Lol

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sorry I didn’t see this sooner, got caught up in other threads. I probably am overthinking it, but at the same time, I found a prodigy so it’s in the past. Lol

This is worth your time, if you are going to post about it publicly it looks better IMHO to actually have a rough understanding of the law in which you are trying to circumvent.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel

This is worth your time, if you are going to post about it publicly it looks better IMHO to actually have a rough understanding of the law in which you are trying to circumvent.
    I do know the law. The way I would’ve had to about it is questionably legal at best and straight up illegal at worst. If someone were to buy a firearm for me either with my money or if they were to be reimbursed in any way for it, it’s not legal since I couldn’t go in and use that money to buy it myself. It’s not about “getting away with it”, I just don’t want to be doing shady crap.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I don't think he was trying to circumvent anything?

Top Bottom