• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I can't stand Menards.. still shop there at times for small items, but refuse to buy anything large/expensive from them, just because their CS sucks so badly!

This thread surprised me. I posted earlier that I spend a lot of money at Menards. I have NEVER had a customeer service issue with them, like has been described.

As a matter of fact, I was the squeaky wheel that got heard there several years ago.
    I told management there that I was not happy about them changing the brand of paint (actually primer). They had a rep from the new company call me and ask to meet me at Menards to discuss my concerns.
    I met the rep, he explianed the attributes of his brand of product, and then proceeded to "comp" me over $500 worth of Zinser products for me to try out.

Each and EVERY time I've run into a problem, I've been taken care of promptly.

You can't just let a bad answer to your question/comment go unchallenged.

I did have an issue a couple of months ago with a customer service flunkie at the front desk. I knew she was new because I'd never seen her before, and I'm litterally in there 2-3 times a day.

I wanted to exchange a light fixture that a customer had purchased. Bought the wrong color.
    I presented the flunkie with the item and receipt, and explained I wanted to exchange it for the proper color.
    Flunkie tried to tell me that store policy said if you have to exchange an item, they could only exchange it for "the exact same item".

I told her that that made no sense. I have the wrong color. How would exchanging one wrong color for another wrong make any sense at all, or solve my problem.
    She said she was sorry, but that was store policy.

I told her I wanted to see a manager. 5 minutes later I was walking out the door with the proper color light fixture, and flunkie was getting a lesson in customer service.

You need to push this issue. You also need to contact your credit card company.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I really would like to pm you guys for that key number but I don't have a high enough post count to pm anybody but if you could email me at will.senefeld@yahoo.com I could get that number to you.

Thursday I left a message with the supervisor Chris to get ahold of me. Still nothing back yet

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I really would like to pm you guys for that key number but I don't have a high enough post count to pm anybody but if you could email me at will.senefeld@yahoo.com I could get that number to you.

Thursday I left a message with the supervisor Chris to get ahold of me. Still nothing back yet

Walk in there with your AK slung on your back and see if they exchange it. I think they would:):

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I just got done using Cannon's online customer service chat with Jesse R. Apparently they have a tool that plugs into the headphone looking jack on the electric keypad. It will open your safe without a key or pin on the pad... Like a master key. He said it'll work even though I haven't put batteries in the pad. Guess we'll see when it gets here.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    glad they are helping finally. when i asked lock smith for price i didnt ask about getting in because mine was already unlocked when i bought it. any way i was goiing to offer you one of my keys as well as the others that did.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just got done using Cannon's online customer service chat with Jesse R. Apparently they have a tool that plugs into the headphone looking jack on the electric keypad. It will open your safe without a key or pin on the pad... Like a master key. He said it'll work even though I haven't put batteries in the pad. Guess we'll see when it gets here.

Glad to hear that, but I still plan to inform Menards of the bad press they have garnered for themselves in this matter. :twocents:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    This maybe silly, but you did check on the back of the safe. Most of the time they tape the keys on the back.

Yeah, not there either. Trust me, I thoroughly looked it over before throwing a fit with menards and cannon. They were supposed to be inside the envelope (along with the owners manual that it dis come with) that was taped to it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I informed an associate at the Menards in question of the bad press they are receiving here.
    I'll let you know if they ask for more info.

Top Bottom