• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I heard this range mentioned in the NFA forum as a place for some of the members to hold their "NFA day" and I was wondering if anyone knew much about it. Basically does anyone have directions, phone numbers, rules, other various info? Just curious as I have never heard of this range before.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Never heard of "Pro-Teq". I did a Google search which led me to several large and seemingly inclusive range lists for Indiana but there is no listing for anything remotely close to "Pro-Teq". :dunno:
    :cheers:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's at the corner of W1200N and N300W in Brazil, just north of town. If you googlemap it, look for the L shaped cutout in the trees near the southwest corner of that intersection. Here is a map gleaned from the Rose Hulman website.Contacts

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Thanks that helped me a lot. I'll try to get a screen capture and a map of that up later. Thanks again! :)
    BTW, is it private or open to the public?

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I'm pretty sure this is where it is located, on the left of the map.
    Pro-TeqRange.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yep, thats it. It is not public, but it is not private either IIRC. You have to check in with the guy who runs it and it does cost something. I don't remember how much, though, but it is not a lot. And it is really not that far away, only like 45 minutes to an hour. Hell, if we got enough INGO people interested in going somewhere that far away, we could carpool.

RF7126

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    West-Central Indiana
    Pro-Teq is the range I go to. I believe the annual fee is 20.00. Unfortunately there is no visitor-type pass and you must pay for the full year, but 20.00 is very cheap compared to many ranges I've been to.

It's a good range in a lot of ways, and the owner is fantastic. However, the downside is that it's a small range. There's essentially only 1 (in my opinion) pistol lane, and 2 rifle lanes. This is great if you're out there by yourself, but it's become more and more crowded lately.

Bottom line is that if you like to shoot at your own pace, you might want to keep looking. If you don't mind being in close proximity to other shooters and taking turns, this is a great range.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    easiest way to get to is is either hgway 40 or I-70 to s.r. 59 in brazil. go north on 59 to c.r1200 north. turn left(west) go to the second stopsign and there will be a sign on the left(south) side of the road says Brannan(spelling) tax service/pro-tec firearms. i can't rember the rate exactly, but i thought a yeae pass was like 10 bucks. that might have ben the LE price.

if you need further info pm me and i can get you some contact info

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Can't add much more to what was said, but if you need contact info it's in my signature. Don (aka - the owner/OMAR) is a great guy, just be sure to follow the rules. He has a zero-tolerance policy for stupidity on the range. He'll warn against stuff that isn't kosher, but those who insist on doing dumb stuff don't last long. It is closed on occasion for special events he holds on the range (RHGC Big Shoots, police training, etc.)

I really wish there was one like it down here in Florida, costs me $10 to shoot at the indoor range down the road (pistols/pitols caliber carbines/.22's only). The nearest ranges that can handle rifles cost $194 per year plus an $80 application fee and require NRA membership or $100 per year for a range that has standard hours of 9AM to 1PM (subject to change due to availability of RO's).

I'm missing Indiana already . . .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom