• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I was wondering if anybody has put a 20 ga shotgun barrel on a T/C PRO HUNTER PISTOL FRAME,I AM THINKING THIS IS LEGAL AND WOULD BE EASY TO WORK WITH IN HEAVY BRUSH FOR DEER.ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS IDEA,JUST KINDA THROWING IT OUT THERE.

Klbeeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Wabas
    I would imagine there's better options if you're going to purchase the barrel.. if you already have everything, heck doesn't hurt to try.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Deer hunting..............just slap a buttstock on your frame and go with a 16-20" rifle bbl, low power variable scope.
    1 or 2X at the bottom end. Works great.

If the brush is that thick, you're spooking deer anyway getting into that crap.

Handguns are easier to tote, but when going with a specialty pistol...........you're halfway to a rifle in cumbersome. EER scope..........makes sighting system worse.
    Might as well just go with it as a rifle.

Or take a .44 mag wheelgun.

I think out of the norm stuff to be cool, but IMHO for success afield they should probably be kinda close to more established and proven platforms.

Unless of course one likes chicken, pork and beef only in their freezer.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Your Encore (or Contender) has no real action length.
    Probably find a short bbl to be handy, and very muzzle light (tough to shoot offhand).
    My 16.25" TC rifle in .35 Rem.........I added about 8 oz to the synth forearm hollows.
    Made a world of difference.

Synth stock and no added cheekpiece (G1 Contender stocks set up for iron sights).........and no weight in synth forend.............I've shot a fair bit and am halfway decent and that was a tough rig to shoot well.

It's easy to shoot now. Hell I ran 30 yards to gain on the buck I saw and shot a thread the needle shot of at least 65 yards offhand, and hit right where my crosshairs were.

Odd and or ill fitting systems suck. Get your rig to fit you and enjoy the backstraps on the grill.

Sorry guys, I don't get all the excitement of the SBR stuff.
    This rifle isn't an SBR and I find it almost too short, in stock form it was IMHO.
    Usable now, shoots great too.
    Still I wish it had an 18.5" bbl

FTnVbvO.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    BTW, my Super 14 TC in .35 Rem with Pachmayr Grippers and forend was a fun handgun.
    I might get another one of these days............but would only put a fixed 2X Leupold on it.
    Mine had the TC rail 2.5-7X and it was always on 2.5X except when on the range.
    No shooter deer the season I took it.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I agree with Hookeye. I run a very similar set-up, 16" MGM 35 Remington Rimmed 1.8" on a stainless Contender receiver with a 2-7x scope, but I have gone with a Choate folding stock. The gun fits in my small backpack for the trip into the woods. I'm not sure if the OP is asking about just running a pistol grip with a 20 slug barrel, but it doesn't seem like a set-up that would be very easy to shoot.

Top Bottom