• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    I want to thank everyone who commented and offered their sage wisdom on this subject. We are now kicking the idea around in our congregation about starting an official shooting club. Lots of things to consider and sort out, but we have faith... I also appreciated some of the funny, tongue in cheek comments. It is true that the pitch-in dinner is the most Holy of gatherings for United Methodists. I'll keep checking to see if anyone else has anything to contribute. Now I have to go find a forum about organizing a gun club...

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    I am a Methodist and have never heard anyone from the church make a anti gun commit. I carry at church always. I feel if God doesn't want me to carry he will stop me or persuade my heart to not carry.

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    ou
    I am a Methodist here in Indianapolis. I am now curious, do you think your view is in the minority

Good question. I believe that it is in the minority for the leadership of the Denomination. Not in the minority for the people in the pews in Indiana. That disconnect is disconcerting. First that the leadership would take an official stance that does not seem to coincide with those who pay the freight. Second that so many in the pews donot realize what is perpetrated, politically, in their name.

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I am a Methodist and have never heard anyone from the church make a anti gun commit. I carry at church always. I feel if God doesn't want me to carry he will stop me or persuade my heart to not carry.

In the local church you would most likely not hear anything. However, check our official Social Principles and the political work done by our boards and you will discover a different picture.

Top Bottom