• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    Is anyone else getting sick of hearing/seeing the commercial from the mayors against illegal guns group? Its on tv all the time and on the radio, I listen to conservative talk radio and they play it constantly and it really grinds my gears... I know they gotta pay the bills but I would think they would not promote something like that seeing that all the 'hosts' appose gun legislation. One of them (casey hendrickson) said he would rather them waste their money during his show, so that the message falls on deaf ears so to speak, but I think it may make people think that the conservative channel supports universal back ground checks which, obviously, they don't.
    Don't u think they should avoid playing commercials like these?

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    Ya but u and i, being informed citizens, already know what their saying. Why let them get the word out to the un informed?

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Hate to say it but there isn't much of a way to get the info out to the uninformed. They are uninformed because the people who pay off the big media want to keep them uninformed. Stupid people don't ask questions and vote how they are told to.

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    I'm talking about blocking the lefts efforts to brain wash people on radio stations ran by conservatives.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Hate to say it but there isn't much of a way to get the info out to the uninformed. They are uninformed because the people who pay off the big media want to keep them uninformed. Stupid people don't ask questions and vote how they are told to.

Indeed. The "uninformed" are by definition, uninformed. It's easier to be uninformed than to listen and (yikes!!) actually consider and form an opinion for yourself.

Now people who are too [stupid / lazy / under-educated / all-of-the-above] to become "informed" look to other sources for how to think and act.

These people look to celebrities (do you CARE who Kim Kardashian say to vote for??) or sports figures or Brian Williams or another talking-head for guidance on how to think, act, and vote. Is it any wonder we're headed toward hell at breakneck speed?

I again propose that in order to VOTE you must:

1) Pass a criminal background check because felons and others who are judged mentally ill should NOT be permitted within 1000 yards of a polling place.

2) Pass a written test to ensure that the potential voter has taken the time and effort to learn the candidates and the issues they intend to vote on.

3) Pay a tax to help offset the costs to society of poor voting by people in previous elections.

4) Purchase voter-liability insurance so that others are protected if your candidate turns out to be a crook or just a bad politician.

5) Provide positive state-issued ID so that someone else's right to vote is protected from you impersonating them.

(Oddly, #5 is still the law in Indiana - but I'm sure it will eventually be overturned. It's too burdensome to provide ID to exercise a constitutionally protected right.)

So if someone was bold (or crazy) enough to propose such legislation at the federal level, what do you think the reaction would be from the leftists?

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    I want to make a commercial... Show how the liberal a$$ clowns get all worked up and damn near violent when their point isnt accepted by all. Then how all my fellow gun owners have pretty much a level head and sane talking points.... Just the other day some lady over heard me talking to a buddy about our shooting range we were building and she turned around to educate us on "the danger we pose to society" and she "hopes we burn in hell". WTF? they are way more violent than we are... Im glad they dont want guns. lol:patriot:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I want to make a commercial... :

So do I, but unlike Mr. Bloomberg I don't have billions of $$$$ at my disposal to spend furthering my personal agenda.

I remain absolutely convinced that our founders would be MORE horrified at the way the "press" has fallen into the hands of a few powerful individuals and corporations vs. what they envisioned when they wrote the 1A. In that day the "press" was a local man who everyone knew who was a part of the community. There was no concept of mass-media, broadcasting, press conferences, and the like.

On the other hand I don't think they would have been surprised by the advance in "arms technology" at all. Since the beginning of time, arms have evolved relatively slowly with only a few discontinuities. The "press" (or what now passes for "press" has benefited from the literal explosion of technology and the advances, even for "printing" on paper, has been anything but evolutionary.

Even freedom of speech is no longer free. It's as if my voice is up against a mob with 10,000 W bullhorns. So only those who can afford to have a bullhorn of their own get to be heard.

Top Bottom