• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Also, the security officer could (probably not) have special deputy status with the county. She would have full LE powers while on duty as security. Did she have a gun?

No gun, taser, cuffs, or anything. Just a radio and an ID badge.

So if they have jurisdiction off campus, how does that let them enforce a law that, to my knowledge, doesn't exist?

I don't believe it's illegal to carry on campus (am I wrong?) - just against the rules. But how do those rules apply as enforceable law off campus?

Exactly.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    No gun, taser, cuffs, or anything. Just a radio and an ID badge.

Exactly.

A long time ago, I was dating someone who went to ND. I got pulled over by one of their police officers in a sorry excuse for a cop car. He came up and told me i was going too fast and was going to have to issue a ticket. I said fine, where do I go to pay this.. I then asked If it was a real court that has any bearing or jurisdiction to me and reports this ticket to the BMV. he said no. I then asked what would happen if i didn't pay.

He said well we could tow your car if we find it parked on campus.

He then wanted my liscense and registration. I laughed at him and told him i noticed his holster was empty, and i didn't want him feeling less of man because my gun is in the glove box on top of my Registration. He seemed nervous. He wrote me a speeding ticket unlisted speed. I ripped up the ticket and threw it out the window. I told him, real police officers carry guns. Not an empty holster, and issue tickets that i can present myself in court and see a judge.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I've been working on campus for 12 years. I know this: Notre Dame police are sworn officers with full arresting power. That said, Eddy St. Commons is not part of campus, and is subject to the same code as any other municipality. Sadly, I am contracted by the university and subject to their campus rules. I cannot carry on campus.

Top Bottom