• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Its no big deal. I have carried for nearly 4 years now and no one has ever said anything to me. I CC and in 4 years you would think someone would have noticed and said something by now.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    After carrying concealed for about a year and a half, I must say I'm surprised how easy it is to get away with printing. My PPS doesn't ever print when I'm standing, but sometimes it prints or shows when I'm bending over to get something. People just don't have any situational awareness in most situations. If they do see you it is likely just by chance, and they probably know what to look for.

There is no gray area; you can carry with your gun duct-taped to your forehead as far as the law is concerned.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have CCed my CZ 75B with a 19 round mag. It sticks out so far it probably looks like I am growing a third arm out of my kidney. No one has ever said a word.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think the carry method you are referring to is called "JFC". Not quite open carrying, not really concealed carrying, but you are just effing carrying!

IMO: Printing is only a concern when you are carrying someplace that is generally frowned upon. In the vast majority of cases, no one would ever notice a little printing. If they do, they would likely assume it is something else (cell phone, for instance). In the exceptionally rare cases where they can tell it is a handgun, they likely don't care anyway. The same hold true for OC, in my experience (folks are oblivious or don't care).

Besides, with a little practice and some wardrobe adjustments, you can conceal most handgun really well.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    There is no gray area; you can carry with your gun duct-taped to your forehead as far as the law is concerned.
    Ahh, condition butterscotch! My favorite form of carry, and often how I carry at work.

share.jpg

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I made the assumption about Ditto being a dude too. She was catching Hell for making a comment about a post and I PM'd her and said something to the effect of, "Hey, bud. Just take it on the chin. Some of these old timers get bent out of shape when a newbie responds to anything. You'll gain a lot of respect by being humble."

I'm proud to say that I've met Ms. Ditto and she is a fine lady. She also does a heck of a job handling a .40S&W. Now that's genuinely bad a$$!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    When I first started carrying I thought I was printing all the time... turns out it was just my paranoia.

Yup, our self conscious paranoia far outweighs the public's perception and their caring.

Most people don't notice OC, let alone printing. Those that do notice won't care, and the very very few that do care probably won't say anything.

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    The most noticeable thing when somebody is OCing isn't printing...it's when they are constantly pulling their shirt down or adjusting their gun under their shirt. Printing isn't a big deal.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    OC/CC with printing, dont matter, most of the people really don't look, or as stated, if they seem the bump, they assume its a phone. Most people assume things that are more related to what they are doing. Other people will see a bump, and assume its a phone, since its what most know, police involved in a life or death chase see a bump and assume its a firearm usually and act accordingly. Nothing wrong with that way of thinking in that case. The mind creates to fill in the gaps.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Do you mind if I ask your age and life situation?

26, Purdue engineering grad, gainfully employed, living with high school friend. Didn't sound weird to me when I typed it...not sure why it's turning heads?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    26, Purdue engineering grad, gainfully employed, living with high school friend. Didn't sound weird to me when I typed it...not sure why it's turning heads?
    Only thing I can think is that they thought maybe you were late teens/early 20s and if you had a roommate the same age that was uneducated about guns it may be a bad situation? :dunno: Some people are of the opinion... well, nevermind.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Didn't sound weird to me when I typed it...not sure why it's turning heads?

Didn't sound weird to me either...but who knows...I find it a little hilarious that anyone would think your post, of all the stuff I've read on here, was "weird". I was just thinking is he about to get flamed? You may do good to throw the word "bacon" around a few times, just to be safe. Just a little pro tip from me to you :)

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I may be concealed and you don't know, I may print badly and I may OC, either way I don't care what someone else may think about it :)

Top Bottom