• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I know it's hard to keep in mind, I make the same mistake myself.
    Prices are not only going up because of panic buying and supply and demand, it's also because the dollar value keeps dropping at an alarming rate.
    Every time the price of gold and silver goes up, it's because the dollar value drops. The more money the Fed prints, the less it's worth.
    The stock market goes up partly because the value of the dollar declines.
    The Government (administration) and the Federal Reserve are stealing everyone blind right before our eyes and few even realize it.
    The wealth in this country is not the gold and silver or the dollar, it's the people themselves and that is in a steep decline also.
    We are being destroyed from within, slowly, so we won't notice and it's working.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    While I will agree that you are correct I would argue that, as far as guns and ammo are concerned, the devaluation of the dollar is a very small part of what has happened to prices in the last four months.
    Will we ever see bulk pack .22 @ $19 again? Probably not, but 30-60-90 dollars and even higher is absolutely ridiculous.
    After the panic spending is over and the supply becomes available expect prices to decline to the "new" normal, which will be higher than the "old" normal. How much higher?:dunno: I would make a wild guess of 10-25%.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Supply and demand of products work independently of each other....

When we talk about the devaluation of the dollar, we are in essence talking about supply and demand as well. As the Fed increases the dollar supply... demand lessens and the value of the dollar decreases.

But yeah... I agree... we are in trouble. The dollar is unrecoverable and we are at the point where faith in its value is starting to waiver globally. The collapse will come swift and hard!

The government knows it and is preparing for it... are you?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I work for HUGE metal purchasers, been doing so for a very long time now, and they would always agree with your statements.
    "You want to follow the price of steel and precious metals? Follow the Decline of the Dollar!" - Our owner.
    I've argued that point so very many times!
    I can't believe that the price increases will stop because of something that we call INFLATION!
    Yes! There is Price Gouging!Some People will always be butts when they get the chance.

Top Bottom