• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    My girl wanted the same thing, loves my glock 23 but wanted something that looks good. She saw the PX4 subcompact and said yup thats the one! I think its a sweet looking gun, she lots it, and got it in .40. I handle it now more than she does!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I know that a Kimber is a "pretty" gun, but tho I've never owned one I have heard bad things.

:dunno:Bad things about Kimber?? I've never heard anything bad about Kimbers, except that maybe they're a little expensive. I've got a Kimber Eclipse II (pictured below) and it is a B-E-A-Utiful gun, and shoots like a dream.

As far as a girly gun, my wife has a S&W 442 with pink grips, and a trigger job to reduce the long trigger pull.
    picture.php

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    :dunno:Bad things about Kimber?? I've never heard anything bad about Kimbers, except that maybe they're a little expensive. I've got a Kimber Eclipse II (pictured below) and it is a B-E-A-Utiful gun, and shoots like a dream.

As far as a girly gun, my wife has a S&W 442 with pink grips, and a trigger job to reduce the long trigger pull.
    picture.php
    Kimbers are much better now, they got rid of the problem at the factory. He went to work for Sig. :D

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've owned a bunch of Kimbers. Shot the heck out of all of them and never had a problem. Favorite was the mid-size CDP. Got out of the .45's and that was one of the last to go.

Bob

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    All very nice looking guns! I think I'll send her this thread and see what she thinks.
    I did not realize that the problem with Kimber was a past issue-- I've never really looked into it. She may be interested in knowing that--they do have a nice look to them.
    I still think she is leaning towards getting a revolver, but I was at Plainfield Shooting Supplies today and saw some nice, small frame semi-autos. They had a Sig P239 Rainbow and it was actually kind of neat looking. Strangely, I find myself starting to want a pretty gun...

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    All very nice looking guns! I think I'll send her this thread and see what she thinks.
    I did not realize that the problem with Kimber was a past issue-- I've never really looked into it. She may be interested in knowing that--they do have a nice look to them.
    I still think she is leaning towards getting a revolver, but I was at Plainfield Shooting Supplies today and saw some nice, small frame semi-autos. They had a Sig P239 Rainbow and it was actually kind of neat looking. Strangely, I find myself starting to want a pretty gun...

YIKES!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah, in the mix of my 1911s, four of them are Kimbers and nary a problem with any of them.
    "Pretty" has a different meaning to everyone.
    I think my daily carry CDP compact is very pretty. :)

FallGripsJet13_zps72a2baba.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A PPK in stainless with wood grips is nice. If she's Ok with a .357, and does not mind a full size gun, how about a polished Colt Delta Elite with mammoth ivory grips? Pricey, but nice. I'm thinking of going that route with my DE.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Pretty sure she's looking for something small frame. Shes been looking at the S&W 60LS.

You might want to take her to a range where she can shoot one of those small frame pistols. The lighter pistols can be uncomfortable to shoot. I would get her the heaviest one she can comfortably handle. The 60LS might not be too bad, it weighs about 22oz. I bought my wife a 637 airweight and at 15 oz it stings your palm pretty darn good with .38 special ammo. She tried a 686 with 2.5 inch barrel and it fit her hand pretty nicely. She can enjoy putting 100 rounds downrange with that one, but the 637 is not a range gun, definitely for personal protection only.

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    You might want to take her to a range where she can shoot one of those small frame pistols. The lighter pistols can be uncomfortable to shoot. I would get her the heaviest one she can comfortably handle. The 60LS might not be too bad, it weighs about 22oz. I bought my wife a 637 airweight and at 15 oz it stings your palm pretty darn good with .38 special ammo. She tried a 686 with 2.5 inch barrel and it fit her hand pretty nicely. She can enjoy putting 100 rounds downrange with that one, but the 637 is not a range gun, definitely for personal protection only.

I agree. I would never suggest she get something too "airy." Fortunately she does not mind the weight so much as the overall size. I'll have to mention the 686 to her--she could always "pretty" it up with nice grips...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Make sure she has the upper body strength to properly and comfortably cycle the action of any auto she is looking at. If she struggles at ALL, or has to cycle it ONLY in one single position (like keeping her strong arm locked while the other struggles to pull it back) an auto isnt for her. It nothing against women... its just their bio-mechanics... many just dont use those particular muscles often enough to have the necessary strength. (yes, haters, many women CAN do it. Good for them.)

My wife has trouble with all but my Ruger 22/45 so she's carrying my late father's .38 until I can buy her a snub nose of her own. Plus we like the fact that the trigger/hammer pull is still stronger than either of our young kids can muster if god forbid something happened and they got their hands on it. Yes its absolutely no true "safety" aspect but its convenient for at least the next 2 years. (Before anyone reads too much into that, its kept in a gunvault when not on our person so we arent concerned about THAT kind of finding it aka on a high shelf, hidden at the back of a bedside drawer, etc.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Top Bottom