• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It said those were "some" of the retailers.
    I missed that part, I only saw this part
    Purchase the eligible products at a participating retailer (listed below) between March 1, 2016, and May 31, 2016
    That is what the fine print says, but I've used this rebate in the past with Walmart jugs. The reality is that the minimum wage (or less if they're using 'disabled') labor either doesn't care or isn't looking close enough. It's probably a 50/50 chance you could send a receipt for "mobility enhancing fish oil" and still get the rebate.
    That may be... but is it worth taking the chance?

I'm not 100% sure but I think I can get Mobile 1 cheaper at Menards than any other place on that list by using the right coupons so I'll stick with them because they're definitely on the list.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    That is what the fine print says, but I've used this rebate in the past with Walmart jugs. The reality is that the minimum wage (or less if they're using 'disabled') labor either doesn't care or isn't looking close enough. It's probably a 50/50 chance you could send a receipt for "mobility enhancing fish oil" and still get the rebate.

Wow!

Just wow !?!?

Were you raised by a bitter old lady or what ?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I missed that part, I only saw this part

That may be... but is it worth taking the chance?

I'm not 100% sure but I think I can get Mobile 1 cheaper at Menards than any other place on that list by using the right coupons so I'll stick with them because they're definitely on the list.

I just spoke with Tracy at Mobil 1 rebate center. She said that the products can be purchased at any retailer as long as it shows the correct info so no risk taken.

Buy away INGO just stay out of my stores ya little scoundrels. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I use it exclusively in my Silverado with 95,000 on the clock- runs like new.

You truck is new, sir. Mine has 260,000 (I think more now). Mobil 1 since the first oil change, with one instance of the shop accidentally putting conventional in there and once when I had to add some and all I could get was conventional.

The Chevy 5.3 L V8 will run indefinitely if you change the oil and filter regularly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...The Chevy 5.3 L V8 will run indefinitely if you change the oil and filter regularly.

That's good to hear. I love my truck and even though it's 9 years old, I see no reason to replace it. Runs great. No rust anywhere. nearly looks like new (except the front bumper where it may have lightly kissed a Porsche Cayenne...but that's going to be fixed soon). Gets about 21 mpg on the highway if I do my part.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    ok, so since I had just purchased a 5qt jug, I went the on-line route and filled out the paper work and uploaded a scan of the receipt approximately a week ago. I found a confirmation email in my spam last night:

Thank you for participating in the Mobil™ Retail Spring 2016 rebate offer.

We are processing your rebate request, if there are no problems please allow approximately six to eight weeks for delivery of your rebate check following verification of all required rebate documentation.

1980Harley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    West Virginia
    Thanks for the heads-up. My 5.3L Silverado is 13 years old and with Mobil Oil since the beginning. Looking forward to see if I am able to get another 13.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    was sold on synthetic years ago during a very cold winter, my car was the only one that would turn over out of 20 in the parking lot at work

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Notice the participating retailers only is in bold this time and Walmart is not on the list... Considering it's usually 25.99 for a 5 qt jug there and 35+ everywhere else it's not that great of a deal anymore. but $5 is $5.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Notice the participating retailers only is in bold this time and Walmart is not on the list... Considering it's usually 25.99 for a 5 qt jug there and 35+ everywhere else it's not that great of a deal anymore. but $5 is $5.

I've found Meijer to have really good prices on it.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I got all excited until I read the fine print, they specifically exclude Amazon; I just bought two 5 quart jugs, it would have been cool to get them for $10 each with the $12 rebate.

Speaking of 5 quart jugs, I find it annoying that my Chevy takes 6 quarts; I can get 5 quarts for $22, but then they want to charge me $10 for the sixth individual quart. I just opted for two jugs, guess I can use the other 4 quarts to oil guns.

Top Bottom