• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Yeah buddy ! An employer providing protection for employees. +1000 for this guy

All it takes is someone not willing to be a victim and you have lots of win.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute

Yeah buddy ! An employer providing protection for employees. +1000 for this guy

All it takes is someone not willing to be a victim and you have lots of win.

“Management recognizes the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as an unalienable right of all citizens.”

These guys are awesome.

Dont you wish this guy was a politician? :)

:+1: all the above :D

:rockwoot: :ar15: :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    EXCEPT... he followed the perp out of the bank.. only fault I can find with the story.. had he needed to use his gun, following the guy out might have been a bad idea.. otherwise, good for the president AND his backup :D

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    So the manager threatened to use deadly force at gun point after pursuing the robber into the parking lot when the robber was not threatening anyone with deadly force until he started to reach for his "gun???"

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for what the manager did but if the manager did have to shoot wouldn't he be screwed legally?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So the manager threatened to use deadly force at gun point after pursuing the robber into the parking lot when the robber was not threatening anyone with deadly force until he started to reach for his "gun???"

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for what the manager did but if the manager did have to shoot wouldn't he be screwed legally?

I was thinking the same thing. It's almost a parallel to getting into it with someone, they run to their vehicle to leave, you follow and point a gun at them. They reach for their own gun and you tell them to stop. If they don't stop and you shoot, you're screwed. They failed to be a threat when they ran away to their vehicle and you brought the fight to them with a gun.

I'm all for how it turned out and I applaud the manager's actions, but he could have been screwed.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was thinking the same thing. It's almost a parallel to getting into it with someone, they run to their vehicle to leave, you follow and point a gun at them. They reach for their own gun and you tell them to stop. If they don't stop and you shoot, you're screwed. They failed to be a threat when they ran away to their vehicle and you brought the fight to them with a gun.

I'm all for how it turned out and I applaud the manager's actions, but he could have been screwed.

Great point, here are a couple thoughts. Did he fear for his life? I would be quite abit onto my trigger should someone start reaching inside a jacket after said person was warned and my weapon, I would also be already behind cover or finding cover, so as to not seeing a weapon I probably would not be firing. Second, now suspect is in a vehicle, which could be used as a weapon, and as most carry weapons today do not have enough impact to crack a block, even a tire shot is a bad idea, now you may fire upon said person. As stated, this worked out great for everybody involved when the suspects survival mode kicked in. As my lead says, and I subscribe to, most people would rather live than chance getting shot and killed.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Great point, here are a couple thoughts. Did he fear for his life? I would be quite abit onto my trigger should someone start reaching inside a jacket after said person was warned and my weapon, I would also be already behind cover or finding cover, so as to not seeing a weapon I probably would not be firing. Second, now suspect is in a vehicle, which could be used as a weapon, and as most carry weapons today do not have enough impact to crack a block, even a tire shot is a bad idea, now you may fire upon said person. As stated, this worked out great for everybody involved when the suspects survival mode kicked in. As my lead says, and I subscribe to, most people would rather live than chance getting shot and killed.

I get what you're saying, but all of this happened AFTER the bad guy left the bank and the bank manager followed the perp outside. Once the perp left the bank, he failed to be a danger. When the manager confronted the perp (the second encounter, when the manager went looking for trouble, while armed) is the scenario we're questioning. If the manager had to use his weapon, during the second encounter, after being the first to initiate contact, I'm willing to bet things would have ended up in legal manure for him. For the record, I'm glad things worked out, but I like to speculate sometimes about the 'what ifs'..

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Citizens arrest? He committed a felony did he not? Our society is far too litigious.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Citizens arrest? He committed a felony did he not? Our society is far too litigious.

I think that would apply in IN, but not so sure what MO laws are in that situation. I know where I do security, our priority is to attempt intervention b4 it makes it inhouse... and really has to be handled as delicately as possible.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's about time someone stood up to the madness that has been plaguing this area of our neighbor to the north. If more honest citizens took a stand (like this guy did), maybe they could win back the streets of these once, all-American cities.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice to see that this guy risked a lot to do what he thought was the right thing to do. Too many people hold back from doing what they think is right because of fear of getting into trouble.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The robber was in the act of committing a FELONY! Good on the manager. Wish I worked for him. Don't think he would ever have to buy another beer for himself if I did.

Top Bottom