• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I agree if SHTF, concessions will need to be made. I've just started so trying to cover some basics and invoke some due diligence now than later.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    The OP asked about Vegetarian Preps. This doesn't always mean TEOTWAWKI. Proper preparation will take a broad range of emergencies into consideration; from ice storms to EPM attack and from extended unemployment to complete financial breakdown. The idea behind being prepared is that we can prepare and not immediately start eating hobos on day 2 of an ice storm ;)

Having said that, many common preps are in fact vegan friendly. I'm not vegan, but I have friends that are and their basic food preps look 60% like mine.

Other than vegan preps, many others have to plan around being lactose intolerant, diabetic, gluten allergic, etc. I would say you need to be MORE prepared than normal if you fit into any of these categories simply because your options are already more limited. Not sure how just telling the OP to feed the kids squirrels now is really helping anything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The OP asked about Vegetarian Preps. This doesn't always mean TEOTWAWKI. Proper preparation will take a broad range of emergencies into consideration; from ice storms to EPM attack and from extended unemployment to complete financial breakdown. The idea behind being prepared is that we can prepare and not immediately start eating hobos on day 2 of an ice storm ;)

Having said that, many common preps are in fact vegan friendly. I'm not vegan, but I have friends that are and their basic food preps look 60% like mine.

Other than vegan preps, many others have to plan around being lactose intolerant, diabetic, gluten allergic, etc. I would say you need to be MORE prepared than normal if you fit into any of these categories simply because your options are already more limited. Not sure how just telling the OP to feed the kids squirrels now is really helping anything.

I would point out to those considering hobo-prepping: the meat is rather tough so it isn't as much fun as you think. I tried it (gotta be ready for Schumer after all) and it was a lot more trouble than it was worth. :dunno:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I would point out to those considering hobo-prepping: the meat is rather tough so it isn't as much fun as you think. I tried it (gotta be ready for Schumer after all) and it was a lot more trouble than it was worth. :dunno:
    Yeah, the nutritional and caloric value just isn't there...seriously, human flesh will not keep you alive any longer than eating your shoe.

Top Bottom