• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    59 for that was an interesting questionnaire Idk how accurate I would consider it tho, still fun nonethe less.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Our score was 76 with an estimated survival of 12-16 months. Our lowest score was for food. What the quiz did not ask is our ability to hunt for meat. We have an abundance of deer, squirrels, rabbits, quail, etc., where we live and the ability to replenish our meat supply by hunting, fishing and trapping on land that we own.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I got 60. It doesn't take into account self-sustainability. Hunting, fishing, water purification, etc. It plays on the ideology that all preppers are "supply hoarders" rather than "suvivalists."

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Huh? It asked about fishing and water purification when I skimmed it. Probably hunting too, but I didn't pay all that close attention. It even asked to rank your own style and one answer was "survivalist."

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Huh? It asked about fishing and water purification when I skimmed it. Probably hunting too, but I didn't pay all that close attention. It even asked to rank your own style and one answer was "survivalist."
    Not "weighed" proportionally IMO. They put a points emphasis on food/water storage over your ability to provide your own it seemed.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

I believe the question with answers that included "survivalist" was, "Rate the average skill level of your group." Although some might consider me a survivalist, that is not the average skill level of my group. Too many non-preppers in our family, but we're working with them.

No questions about hunting or trapping. I believe they listed "jarring", "canning" and "dehydrating" as renewable sources of food. I consider these methods of preserving food, but not renewable sources.

They can definitely improve their questions, IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Got a 68..no bug out vehicle and no place or plan to bug out...but says we can survive 8-12 months.
    Water 15
    food 18
    shelter 11
    security 9
    xfactor 15
    we are exactly where I thought we would be...need to enhance our security.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I got a 70 and 12-16 months.

My food score was low... did not ask anything about hunting.

Water: 11
    Food: 10
    Shelter: 15
    Security: 16
    X Factor: 18

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I don't think they weigh hunting because it is hunting. Sometimes it is there sometimes it is not. If certian problems come up say dirty bomb. nuke, even volcano, normal harvest of game would be effected. fishing also to a point. Maybe outside water storage also. I mean we don't know what the experts like.

I also think lots of folks can't can. So that made me some points. Mom taught me to freeze and can. I have been doing the dehydrator for a few years now.

I think they have experts in certian fields and advertisers to impress. SO food and water supplies, Shelter makers, Ham radio makers, Camera makers, and gun companies are something that the show can pump up for sale. Oh don't forget the seed companies.

Top Bottom