• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm glad for the warnings against the SSS ammo. I have some on hand already that I bought years ago on a whim. Won't risk my can with them.

Thanks.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    What about the yhm mite and SSS ammo?can it be used in it

It's not the type of silencer, it is the stabalization of the 60 gr bullet. I have never had a "baffle" strike using the SSS but in all the semi-autos they are louder than regular 22 ammo. I would not take the chance shooting them through your Mite #1 because of a possible baffle strike, and #2 they are just plain loud if shot through a semi-auto.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    which dicks has the 500rd/25$ in stock ? were they any less when you bought the case 5K ?

I got the 5K at Dick's in Apple Glen in Fort Wayne. They had another 5K in boxes on the shelf. When I checked out, the girl at the cash register scanned my Dick's card and gave me another $15 off the price.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    CCI subsonics here; my Savage MkIIFV-SR loves 'em.

I started shooting the sub sonics through my Sig 1911-22 with a TAC65 can and tried some through my Savage MKII as well. The CCIs shot as well as Lapua and Wolf match ammo through the MKII. I hope the 5K of CCI standard velocity do as well.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been shooting suppressed since 05 and over the years I've found that many of the high end manufacturers are the dirtiest to use. I started shooting with RWS and found that the P22 I used would get gummed up in as little as 30 rounds. After searching for a suitable replacement round, I have found the Remington subsonic HP's to be the best, cleanest hunting round available. In rifles, the green tag CCI or Winchester T22 work flawlessly. I use the Remington Subsonic HP for hunting even when not supressed due to it's less noise and keeps the POI the same when suppressed.

Edit:
    I use the SSS's in my AR with a ceiner kit installed. Works great and really rolls anything hit with the 60g pill.

Top Bottom