• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Just picked up my first DMR style rifle that is not a 22lr.... This is my new tactical Vepr in 7.62x54r I just slapped a spare Eotech and a Mako grip-pod for some immediate range time
    I'm taking it out for range time tomorrow and after a day of shooting im gonna deiced rather im going with a CNC folding stock or a recoil buffering AR style stock designed for AK rifles of course.
    I'm also planning to order a POSP with 3-9 zoom and rangefinder or maybe a 4-12 magnification if i can find one reasonable. Ive always love the looks of the ugly Russian scopes. and i cant wait to see it on my Russian Vepr

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    My summer project has been self assembling a StillerTac30 A/W action with a AAC pre-chambered 260 barrel and bedding it into a Manners T4.

For the past few months I have been searching for a loadand I finely got this thing to shoot... consistently well! The solution was to forget about my good loads in my other 260 and do a full OCW, sure enough two full grains under what I am used to running in the other 260 I have a nice .5-.6 grain wide node with 139L’s and H4350, 42.1 appears to be right in the center of this node and make 2800fps with a SD ~7 and ES ~17. The trick to tightening up my groups came from using the thicker walled necks provided by Lapua brass. Now it’s staying real close to 1/2 moa all the time.

017.jpg

019.jpg

Look out Montana Mule deer, there’s going to be a professionally instructed gunman hiding in the sage a few weeks from now.

BigJohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Watkins Glen
    Don't know if I would classify this as either

before[1].jpg20131024_095151[1].jpgThis is my .308, it started it's life as a savage 110 GV in 22-250 First picture. I bought the choate stock, a sharpshooter supply 28in 1 in 10 twist barrel and machined recoil lug, Forster go-nogo gages and built her. She weighs in at 17lbs and I carry her hunting. Best shot was at 200yds I shot an arrow sticking out of a target stand it took 6 shots but I hit. longest shot was a 9 pt buck at 650yds.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Heres my newest long range rig (or in the making of one) :D

Savage 10FP 308Win
    16x SS Scope
    Valdada V-Tac Rings
    Burris XTB tactical base
    A stock worth having on it, coming soon;)

Savage10FP_zps651419c1.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Sorry to here you only have one left but of the 4 my fav. is the bottom... love them ar's ... if you did the paint aswell nice job sir, well done...

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Sweet! Man I want one of the 54r VEPR's. How does it shoot?

I wouldn't know. I haven't shot it yet (just got the scope after Xmas). Unlike others, I'm not too fond on shooting in the cold. I'm not [STRIKE]stupid [/STRIKE] tough enough to do that anymore. I just got over the flu so that doesn't help.

Top Bottom