• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I am the NRA member in our home. I preregistered the hubby and the son when I did mine. Got all badges about a week and a half after I finished.
    neither hubby or son are NRA members.

It was similar for me, being a life member with the rest of the familiy not affiliated. I registered the whole family; me, my wife and my two girls. It's unlikely they will all come, but I figured I'd get the tags and let them decide. They showed up on Saturday in the mail, after putting in for them on Monday in the early morning.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I didn't even know it was necessary to register. :( Can I not just walk in on Saturday? Or will I just "register" at that time?

Yup, you can just do it there. The pre-register was just to avoid any lines, but I bet they won't be too bad. The registration times are listed on the web along with the convention hours and events.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    I preregistered also with the wife. I got mine, but she didn't??? (She isn't a NRA member, I'm a lifer.) So much for not standing in line.

Tried to preregister the wife again, see what happens.

Well, got my 2nd card and one for the wife today (request sent 4/14). We're in business. See you there.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I have yet to recieve my membership card. Signed up for the Life of Duty about 2 months ago. Called today to get my member number and was given it and told to print out a card online so that I can register Monday. Not sure if you have to have your card or just know your number to register there. Just a heads up that it may benifit you to print out a copy for you other new members that haven't received your card yet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just pre registered last week and got mine today, but no holder, there was a lil slip that says to get a free midwayusa holder at the door.

Kinda defeats the purpose of preregistering doesnt it? Unless they have a separate line for those of us that just need to swap our slip of paper for badge holders it was pretty pointless to preregister.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I preregistered at this link to avoid any lines at the exhibit hall...2014 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits. I thought others on INGO might want to do the same.

The packet came recently and it had my "badge" which is the black Midway USA badge holder with clear window on the front of it but it had no info specific to me on it. It is almost as if they forgot to put my credentials inside the window. The little flier that was also in the package indicated this was my badge and I did not need to check in but it just seems odd.

Anyone in the know about these preregistration badges? Was it supposed to have my info? And with a generic badge holder will I be able to walk right in?

Thanks for any insight

ETA: it looks like the one piece attached to the drawing entry card can be detached and inserted in the badge holder. Still no personal info for me on the badge but it looks like that is what they intend for us to put in the badge holder...?

This bears repeating. I missed this too at first. I was miffed like everyone else who missed the pass because it was attached to the raffle entries. I assumed it was all fluff. I didnt actually read it until I sat down to fill out the entries and had an "ah-HA!" moment.

So anyone else who preregistered and thinks all they got was a badge holder, check the top of your raffle card. Its the one with "Exhibit Hall Hours" (not NRA store hours)

Top Bottom