• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.
    May the Lord comfort you and guide you.
    Prayers for you and your wife and especially the little one.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    We're sorry for your great loss, Doc. Look at your wife's expression: Pure joy holding her daughter. Any your little Grace: Utter, complete contentment and happiness. God bless you and your family. Grace needs no blessing as she is resting the arms of Jesus praying for you!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Many of us have been crying with you. Prayers have not stopped.
    ^This right here^ I think alot of us have felt a connection to hoosierdocs family though his many postings of events in their lives that he has shared. I'm pretty sure that any one of us would do anything possible to help carry the burden of such a heavy load to bare.

Continued prayers for You and your Wife hoosierdoc and your boys. God be with you all.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just spoke to my aunt who Grace lived with her first six weeks of life. Monday morning, my uncle told her over breakfast about a dream he had that night. In it, he was awoken by a woman standing over him saying "wake up, wake up, I've come to take her home".

God is real. Heaven is real. In that I find peace.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just spoke to my aunt who Grace lived with her first six weeks of life. Monday morning, my uncle told her over breakfast about a dream he had that night. In it, he was awoken by a woman standing over him saying "wake up, wake up, I've come to take her home".

God is real. Heaven is real. In that I find peace.

Wow...that is powerful! She is in God's arms now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree Doc. I experienced something similar the day my dad died. I'll skip all the details but I'll say that as my wife and I were driving home to be with him, I felt a presence that...touched my soul...it was for a brief instance but I knew he was gone. I'll never forget that. God is real.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Prayers for you and your family, Doc. I just can't imagine the horror of that morning. My heart goes out to you.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    http://www.forestlawncemetery-fh.com/book-of-memories/2083306/Hartman-Grace/service-details.php

My apologies if the link above is a dupe.

When baldguy637 posted his daughter's heart surgery recently, I was taken back to when my daughter had her surgery 19 years ago at age 2 and the miracles and tragedies we witnessed in our brief time on the cardiac floor. Hearing "code blue" a couple of doors down from our room in the middle of the night and realizing that however hard we thought our situation was, some other family was experiencing the worst nightmare there is. It would not surprise me if you are embraced by other parents who have experienced the sudden death of a child as they learn of your loss. They are the only ones who truly understand "what you're going through".

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Woke up this morning and my eyes hurt. I've never had sore eye muscles from crying before. I suspect it will continue for some time.

*hugs* my friend. My favorite author writes of major life tragedies like these regarding what to do next: "and now we go on." It's the only thing we can do. It's not "moving on" but "going on." You're a good man and do good work in life and you have a lot of people who sympathize here and everywhere you've touched people.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doc, is there possibly a charity that we could donate in memory of Grace?

Yes, thank you. There is a new group called "Love, Lucas". It is run by two people from my church, one of whom is our worship leader. Their mission is to minister to and help with expenses for families who lose children during pregnancy or while young. We helped them get started a year ago with a donation and ironically they are helping to minister to us.

Love, Lucas, P.O. Box 17521, Indianapolis, IN 46217

We had an organization deliver a gown today for her. They make them out of wedding dresses and we will be donating my wife's soon for that purpose. I strongly urge you to do the same if your wedding dress is not likely to be used again. It meant a lot to have a stranger show up with a gift born from a labor of love.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yes, thank you. There is a new group called "Love, Lucas". It is run by two people from my church, one of whom is our worship leader. Their mission is to minister to and help with expenses for families who lose children during pregnancy or while young. We helped them get started a year ago with a donation and ironically they are helping to minister to us.

Love, Lucas, P.O. Box 17521, Indianapolis, IN 46217

We had an organization deliver a gown today for her. They make them out of wedding dresses and we will be donating my wife's soon for that purpose. I strongly urge you to do the same if your wedding dress is not likely to be used again. It meant a lot to have a stranger show up with a gift born from a labor of love.

I saw that they wanted to donate. I was hoping you had gotten word. They have a wonderful mission and many wonderful volunteers.
    http://www.littleangelgowns.org/

You and your family remain in our prayers Doc.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom