Prayer requests from those so inclined.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I just got back in. What a day this has been. I want to thank you all for your words of advice, comforting and encouraging words.

Really been a frustrating day. Got with our funeral home people and got our pastor set up. That is about where the good news ends.

They have my daughter in Marion County Coroner office. They did not have us do a positive ID on here last night, so they called me last night to ask if they could email me a picture and some forms and do it by email. Apparently since she was never arrested they had no finger prints they could find. I said sure and they said I would have email by 1pm today, never got email...called them back and they said the guy who does that has left for the day, it would be tomorrow :(

Funeral home cannot get her until coroner releases. So they say it will be tomorrow.

Life insurance cant be filed until we get a death certificate, and our funeral home people said it could take 6-8, maybe 10 weeks to get a death certificate in Marion County.

Bank account had no beneficiary on it, so they at least froze the account so nobody can steal what she has in it.....but we can't claim it for 45 days and have to go to court to get some kind of small estate paper.

Thank you all again.
    My wife’s dad died unattended of a heart attack three years ago and I saw what her mom had to do. Best advice is get several (I think she got 10) certified copies of the certificate. For her, she had to send one to social security, to his pension, to all the life insurance companies, the bank to get his name off the accounts, etc. That’s something I had never heard and it cut a lot of time off going back and getting copies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My wife’s dad died unattended of a heart attack three years ago and I saw what her mom had to do. Best advice is get several (I think she got 10) certified copies of the certificate. For her, she had to send one to social security, to his pension, to all the life insurance companies, the bank to get his name off the accounts, etc. That’s something I had never heard and it cut a lot of time off going back and getting copies.
    When my wife's father passed away unexpectedly, we got the advice to get at least 5 certified death certificates. We got 10 just in case. I think we used at least 7 of them.

We also had a lawyer help us navigate the legal stuff. As others have said the funeral home, and the church helped tremendously as well.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I cannot imagine the depth of your sadness at this time. I pray that more peaceful times will find you and yours again after this turbulent and life changing event.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Prayers with you and your family for this difficult time. May the Lord deliver human angels to you as you traverse this path.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Prayers for you and your family. I can't imagine what you are going through. It has been a bit eye opening for me though since I am single and living alone. I will be trying to get stuff together in case something would happen to me to make it easier for my parents and son to get everything taken care of.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Sincerest condolences, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I'll be giving my kids a bigger hug tonight :( You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thank you all very much....not sure who or if it was anyone here, but got a call from coronner
    Randy, you and yours have been in my thoughts today.
    We are heavy hearted at your loss.
    Know there are so many that do care.
    That's right Tim. I cannot even start to express how much it means to me, to have so many people say nice things and be praying for us. You guys and gals are some good people.

We finally got things done today. She is back home and her funeral is all set at Bakers in Danville. I can't thank you all enough for your words of wisdom and encouragement and prayers. They are appreciated by momma and myself.

Going to be a tough next few days.....I absolutely hate funerals anyway, but this is an all new low.

Top Bottom