Practical Pistol training - ACT at Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol Club - Sept 11-12

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    The Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting a practical pistol / USPSA training course on September 11 and 12 at the HHRP range in Brown County, just east of Nashville. It will be a day and a half customized training session for those wanting to improve their USPSA and general pistol shooting skills.

The trainers will be Adaptive Consulting and Training (ACT), led by Aron Bright. ACT is a sponsor of INGO and a leading firearms training organization.
    Adaptive Consulting & Training

Day 1: Will include brief classroom session on rules, gear, rules of thumb, strategy, how to practice, and Q and A, and other topics from students. Range time to include draw stroke, bill drills and reloads exercises, other shooting skill drills that can be done in mass. Shooting around barricades and shooting through ports. Engaging targets coming into and while leaving positions, and some basics of shooting on the move and how to practice

Day 2: The focus of the day will be stage breakdown, plan formulation, visualization, trial and error approach, and practice. We will be shooting different stages and shooting them at least twice a piece.

Cost is $150 for HHRP members, and $200 for non-members.
    Participation is limited to 20 people, commitment is needed by Aug 29.
    If you are interested, or would like more information, please contact me.

Info on HHRP:
    Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Value

The Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting a practical pistol / USPSA training course on September 11 and 12 at the HHRP range in Brown County, just east of Nashville. It will be a day and a half customized training session for those wanting to improve their USPSA and general pistol shooting skills.

The trainers will be Adaptive Consulting and Training (ACT), led by Aron Bright. ACT is a sponsor of INGO and a leading firearms training organization.
    Adaptive Consulting & Training

Day 1: Will include brief classroom session on rules, gear, rules of thumb, strategy, how to practice, and Q and A, and other topics from students. Range time to include draw stroke, bill drills and reloads exercises, other shooting skill drills that can be done in mass. Shooting around barricades and shooting through ports. Engaging targets coming into and while leaving positions, and some basics of shooting on the move and how to practice

Day 2: The focus of the day will be stage breakdown, plan formulation, visualization, trial and error approach, and practice. We will be shooting different stages and shooting them at least twice a piece.

Cost is $150 for HHRP members, and $200 for non-members.
    Participation is limited to 20 people, commitment is needed by Aug 29.
    If you are interested, or would like more information, please contact me.

Info on HHRP:
    Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club

Looking forward to this event and it will be a great value for those involved. Plan to learn a bunch and shoot a bunch. If you have not yet tried USPSA shooting this could be a great place to start, or if you are looking to improve your classification or finish on the scoresheet this is also a great weekend of training.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looking forward to this event and it will be a great value for those involved. Plan to learn a bunch and shoot a bunch. If you have not yet tried USPSA shooting this could be a great place to start, or if you are looking to improve your classification or finish on the scoresheet this is also a great weekend of training.

This does look like a good place to get into USPSA. If I wasn't going to be in South Carolina for an Advanced AK class, I would think seriously about checking this out.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have taken ACT's USPSA class it it is a very good way to get into the sport! They put on a great class!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have to give a BIG :+1: to ACT's training for USPSA.

Went from zero experience in USPSA last summer to winning my class in the recent State match and have showing tons of improvement in local matches.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.
    We are getting people signed up, so if you are interested please contact me ASAP.

arma73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Morgan Co.
    I had the opportunity to take the class a Hoosier Hills back in July.
    Great Instructors and excellent class. Recommend this to everybody. I wish I was going to be in the state to take the class.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Is there a long term schedule for this type training several months ahead? Something next spring maybe?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is there a long term schedule for this type training several months ahead? Something next spring maybe?

Are you referring to the events they have at Hoosier Hills, or to the classes that ACT teaches?

I can't address Hoosier Hills, but ACT has not yet worked on its schedule for 2011 yet. At this time, we have some league shoots each month and a back to back DP101/DP201 (defensive pistol)the first week of October near Warsaw. We're currently planning for basic pistol (BP100), intermediate pistol (IP101), another DP101 and a defensive rifle (DR101) this fall and winter. We also do private and small group instruction based on the schedule and needs of the students.

Top Bottom