• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    They should have shot out your tires so you couldn't escape!!! Oh wait you were suppose to be there, Never mind!! glad it all worked out and you made a couple of friends!! sorry you had to go spread eagle on the wet ground!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    At least they didn't give you a body cavitiy search to make sure you wasn't packing anything up there. Ok that was nasty but I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking that!

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Officer says I have warrants... :eek: :wtf: :runaway: Oh, he's laughing. Just kidding. Hahaha I'm about to **** my pants. :):

Sounds like you got the same LEO by day/comedian by night guy.

A couple months ago (right after the Superbowl) I had sort of the same thing happen to me. Somebody did a smash and grab at the Metropolis driving the exact same truck as mine. And I just happen to be driving through there.

Well got pulled over had to step out of my truck. Didn't get cuffed but they sent a black and white with a witness past me and they searched my truck. The LEO searching my truck all of a sudden said, "Well, Well what do we have here?" Didn't know what it could've been but I know I had to turn a whole new shade of white. Then the officer pulled out my Reggie Bush jersey. (Whew!!) The other Officer said that I could go to jail a long long time for being a traitor to this state. I laughed and said I would sit in jail for the rest of my life before I'd deny my faith in the Saints.

All in all got a few good laughs at the end and even chatted for a minute about me looking into a LE Career.

I agree with you, I have a lot of respect for PPD. Yeah sometimes they come off a little cocky but they keep our town a very enjoyable place to live.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    See, GD cops, why the hell were you spread out at gunpoint? Were you breaking the law? Was there any PC for the whole situation? These kind of stories really get under my skin. It doesnt matter that everything was kewl at the end, IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED TO BEGIN WITH!

Ausweiss Bitte?

INGunGuy

See IndyMonkey's quote...

You wern't by chance at CVS the other morning at 5am were you?

:): No. I'm usually just going to bed about that time though. :)

The police get a call about someone breaking into some storage units, they roll up and the person has a gun. How else do you guys think this should be handled? If it was my property it would of been handled the same way.

Seriously guys, this. After the fact, when I got home, had a couple beers and thought about it, those cops had it right. I don't blame them for keeping the gun on me until backup arrived and I was cuffed.

It was about 5 minutes from the time I went face down in the mud to the time I was cuffed. I'm a pretty good judge of time, even under stress. If I was there on a call for possible burglary, and there were 5 people standing around me, AND I knew there were multiple burglaries/attempts in this place, I would have had my gun on the one guy I couldn't chase down and had a gun too.

They just had a case where they had to shoot a guy, what, 2 days ago, too, so I really don't blame them for being a bit jumpy.

Would I have (or my wife should I have died) become a millionaire over-night if I'd been shot? You're damn right. But even though those evil Glocks are known to go on a shooting rampage out of nowhere, I wasn't too worried about getting shot. I knew the officer and he knew me so I wasn't worried. Had it been a rookie, or an officer I didn't know, yea, I'd have needed a change of underwear... :): Good thing I had my truck with a change of clothes just in case... :D

Sorry about you predicament SE.

:popcorn:

No need to be sorry. All is well. I just wanted to share my story with everyone and a few of what I learned from it. Maybe others will learn too. I really don't understand all the animosity towards the officers. Burglary call, guy with a gun, I'm not hatin! :D :patriot:

I dont think SE gave a time line. It could of been less than 2 mins.:dunno:

From gun point to cuffs was about 5 minutes. From cuffs to no cuffs was about 10 minutes. From no cuffs to handshakes and well wishes about another 15. It was only lightly raining so no big deal.

They should have shot out your tires so you couldn't escape!!! Oh wait you were suppose to be there, Never mind!! glad it all worked out and you made a couple of friends!! sorry you had to go spread eagle on the wet ground!!

Nah, no worries about getting wet and dirty. I'm used to getting dirty, just usually in a different way! :laugh: Nah, seriously, after I was out of cuffs and the "HOLY :poop:!" wore off, we were talking and joking and all was good. I was a little shaken... OK, a LOT shaken, but it's still all good.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think you handled the situation great. And I think the cops did too. Things could have been worse, but it wasn't. I already repped ya for it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just suprised your so happy and calm and willing to just give up your rights. that was YOUR PROPERTY you were on. Its the same as if you were standing in your fron yard and held at gun point. I thought the Tea Party guys stood for more than this?

i might have put my hands on my head just to show i was no threat, but the second he ordered me to the ground i would have told him NO. then if he wanted to taze me fine, been there done that in training. that would have been the most expenssive cartridge of that departments life!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I agree with you, I have a lot of respect for PPD. Yeah sometimes they come off a little cocky but they keep our town a very enjoyable place to live.

Yea, I have a lot of respect for PPD, but Berguson... Man, watch out for that guy. He might threaten to rip your spine out... :xmad:

Some of them are pretty cocky, but usually that's the new guys. I knew a few of them pretty well. That Jill Lee is really nice too. She's active with the Girl Scout troops in town.

Either way, the LEO's here aren't as strict as everyone makes them out to be. Really they're not.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    He doesn't own the property. He rents it. I think theres a difference? Maybe not? But the cops were called in for someone robbing the place. They did their job. As far as they knew, he WAS a robber. I think they did the right thing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    just suprised your so happy and calm and willing to just give up your rights. that was YOUR PROPERTY you were on. Its the same as if you were standing in your fron yard and held at gun point. I thought the Tea Party guys stood for more than this?

Actually, I was standing on property that was NOT mine. I only rent the unit and I wasn't even in it at the time. I was standing outside my truck. I didn't give up any rights at all. All I did was comply and explain the situation... at gun point. :):

Really, what rights did I give up?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He doesn't own the property. He rents it. I think theres a difference? Maybe not? But the cops were called in for someone robbing the place. They did their job. As far as they knew, he WAS a robber. I think they did the right thing.

so what??? say i was your neighbor and we didnt get along, so i wanted to stir up crap and called the police and said i saw you on americas most wanted. your standing in your yard and a swat armored truck rolls into your front lawn etc etc..... is it right???? NO

what im saying is people make false reports all the time. all they should have done was FIRST ask what hes doing and explain theyve had breakins and they are investigating. i mean he gave them the freeking gate code and they still had him at gun point on the ground and then proceeded to handcuff him. WACKOS!!!!

savage did you say you knew the officer??? id be choosing my friends more carefully. seeing a cop a couple times at speedway and saying hello, is not the same as knowing them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Actually, I was standing on property that was NOT mine. I only rent the unit and I wasn't even in it at the time. I was standing outside my truck. I didn't give up any rights at all. All I did was comply and explain the situation... at gun point. :):

Really, what rights did I give up?

you were accessing your property, its the same thing!! just like if a neighbor has your property blocked in on 4 sides and the only way you can get to your property is to cross his, you dont need his permission, you have a LEGAL RIGHT to get to your property. and while you are renting it it IS LEGALY YOUR PROPERTY!

did they have a warrant to search you??? carrying a gun does not give them probable cause to handcuff and search you, and neither does being in the right place at their wrong time.

well you gave up your rights to be treated like a proper citizen of the united states to a couple of storm troopers. please file a complaint at least. i cant believe you think it was just another day in the name of good police work. the IMPD cops in my area dont act like that, they act like proffessionals.

Last edited:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I find it sad that most seem Ok with someone pointing a gun at them for doing nothing wrong. The cop was wrong in my eyes. I would have requested a supervisor first thing and filed a complain. You was not doing anything wrong, you was within your rights. The cop pointed a gun at you and made you lay in the mud for what reason?

Maybe just because he felt what? Threatened? Then he needs to find another job. Talk to me like a man, ask me what I am doing there, that would have been fine with me. Pull a gun and put me down in the mud, you better find something wrong or I will be filling a complain and criminal charge against you. Pulling a gun on me just because you are a cop does not make it OK.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, that sounds like a pants wetting experience LOL.

OTOH, it must feel good to know that if anyone screws with your stuff in storage, it seems to be well protected!!

Top Bottom