• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    So are you saying you would rather police respond to some 911 calls, but not others?

Ya!:rockwoot:

Dog in the road calls.
    Cat up a tree.
    Man with a gun.
    Woman with a gun.
    And on and on.

I think LEOs time is more valuable than to be wasted on stupid alerts.

911 callers should be held liable for their stupid and no evidence calls.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ya!:rockwoot:

Dog in the road calls.
    Cat up a tree.
    Man with a gun.
    Woman with a gun.
    And on and on.

I think LEOs time is more valuable than to be wasted on stupid alerts.

911 callers should be held liable for their stupid and no evidence calls.

Yea, see, I have to disagree. I'd rather they spend their time going to calls about M/WWG instead of sitting on the side of the road clocking speeders. You don't know if the MWG is pointing his gun and a WWG. Neither does the officer.

I agree, a LEO's time is valuable. But I don't find catching speeders/non-seatbelt wearing people valuable LE work. It does nothing to prevent crime. However, responding to burglary calls does.

Oh, and 911 callers are the reason crimes are stopped or solved. If it's a false alert, better safe than sorry.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yea, see, I have to disagree. I'd rather they spend their time going to calls about M/WWG instead of sitting on the side of the road clocking speeders. You don't know if the MWG is pointing his gun and a WWG. Neither does the officer.

I agree, a LEO's time is valuable. But I don't find catching speeders/non-seatbelt wearing people valuable LE work. It does nothing to prevent crime. However, responding to burglary calls does.

Oh, and 911 callers are the reason crimes are stopped or solved. If it's a false alert, better safe than sorry.

I have to disagree with you there SE. A few years ago the guys I worked with on our late shift went on an OWI mission. We stopped everything we could (legally of course.......if anyone would like to suggest we made stuff up or made illegal stops, save it) looking for drunk drivers. During that timeframe a funny thing happened........our calls for service on a lot of burglary's, theft from vehicle's, stloen vehicle's, etc.....went drastically down. Think about it from a criminal's perspective.....if every major street you drive on in a city/town you are doing crimes in has someone pulled over for something..........then it would naturally start to enter their minds that their chances of getting caught increase. We did catch some people for breaking into cars during that time frame. One of the first things they said was: "I knew better than to come up here and do this. Everytime I drive through here I see people stopped, I knew I was going to get caught."

Just something else to think about when it comes to traffic stops..........and no, we normally didn't write tickets so the "refenue generator" augument doesn't work here either for those that want to use it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have to disagree with you there SE. A few years ago the guys I worked with on our late shift went on an OWI mission. We stopped everything we could (legally of course.......if anyone would like to suggest we made stuff up or made illegal stops, save it) looking for drunk drivers. During that timeframe a funny thing happened........our calls for service on a lot of burglary's, theft from vehicle's, stloen vehicle's, etc.....went drastically down. Think about it from a criminal's perspective.....if every major street you drive on in a city/town you are doing crimes in has someone pulled over for something..........then it would naturally start to enter their minds that their chances of getting caught increase. We did catch some people for breaking into cars during that time frame. One of the first things they said was: "I knew better than to come up here and do this. Everytime I drive through here I see people stopped, I knew I was going to get caught."

Just something else to think about when it comes to traffic stops..........and no, we normally didn't write tickets so the "refenue generator" augument doesn't work here either for those that want to use it.

I don't mean to say that crime isn't prevented by stopping speeders. I should have worded that better. The Kidney Stone made me smarter and that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :):

What I meant to say is that writing numerous seat belt tickets and speeding violations is practically worthless EXCEPT for generating revenue.

I say that because I got a seat belt ticket the other day. I know for a fact the officer didn't even run my record, just wrote the ticket. Why you say? Cause when I told him that I'd had 15 others before his eyes got wide and said it was a good thing we didn't live in TX! (Look up fines for seat belt laws in TX!) Had he ran my info, he would have seen that on my driving record.

He was specifically on a mission to hand out nothing but seat belt tickets that day as part of the state's "We want your $25 so here's your seat belt ticket" Program. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's what I meant. I didn't mean that you can't catch crooks by terry stops, but that 80-90% of the time it does nothing to stop real crime.

(No, I don't consider speeding/seatbelt violations crimes)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually, that is not true. All he would have gotten had he run you was your current information with you current driving status and an IDACS / NCIC check.

I thought it was standard procedure to get a full check on whoever they stop? Every time I get pulled over (that sounds bad) I usually get the idea that they checked my driving record....

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Actually, that is not true. All he would have gotten had he run you was your current information with you current driving status and an IDACS / NCIC check.

Actually it is true. If I were to run SE's driver's license it would show all of his previous traffic convictions and suspensions, along with the status of his DL and whether or not he is wanted. If someone has an out-of-state DL their previous traffic convictions/suspensions don't usually show up.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Actually it is true. If I were to run SE's driver's license it would show all of his previous traffic convictions and suspensions, along with the status of his DL and whether or not he is wanted. If someone has an out-of-state DL their previous traffic convictions/suspensions don't usually show up.

Interesting. Our dispatchers can run a history check, but we can't from our vehicles. We used to be able to until the BMV decided they needed to change things over and make them more complicated. Of course, the MDT in my car hasn't worked in about four years.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    AYP0609878_P.JPG
    Many Women Guns? Dude, whatever you're on, I want some! :D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Interesting. Our dispatchers can run a history check, but we can't from our vehicles. We used to be able to until the BMV decided they needed to change things over and make them more complicated. Of course, the MDT in my car hasn't worked in about four years.

I can't run a criminal history check from my car unless I am at a wireless site and I log into a specific program that enables me to look up Marion County criminal histories. But when I run an Indiana DL I can see all traffic convictions. In order to get III criminal history on someone I have to have my control operator ask another specialized control operator to run it.

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    wait till you have an impd cop with a twelve gauge pointed at your head because you idiot friend wants to shoot off a gun in his backyeard

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I can't run a criminal history check from my car unless I am at a wireless site and I log into a specific program that enables me to look up Marion County criminal histories. But when I run an Indiana DL I can see all traffic convictions. In order to get III criminal history on someone I have to have my control operator ask another specialized control operator to run it.

The only thing I can get back is current license information and status. We cannot get back traffic convictions. Only the dispatchers can do that since the BMV upgrade. I don't know why that is exactly. The only way for us to get traffic conviction history is to have them do it over the air.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom