• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    One thing that I haven't seen mentioned and you all probably know but bears repeating----don't get it pointed at ANY part of your body. Seems like a no brainer but you would be surprised how many people think it won't hurt them.

Aiming it at the dog isn't a good idea either. However, my George (a Boston Terror) loves it when we have it pointed at the concrete patio in back. He plays in the spray shooting back up. :)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So I got the chance to use the pressure washer Lars let me borrow over the weekend. It worked pretty well on my drive way. It looks much better now but I think I could use a bit of help with some kind of cleaning solution. If I buy that driveway cleaner stuff how should I apply it. This model I'm using doesn't have a way to send it through the washer.

You'll probably have a tough time with a 1300 PSI washer on a driveway, but it should work ok. Pick up a bottle of power washer driveway cleaner and it should make it a bit easier.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So I got the chance to use the pressure washer Lars let me borrow over the weekend. It worked pretty well on my drive way. It looks much better now but I think I could use a bit of help with some kind of cleaning solution. If I buy that driveway cleaner stuff how should I apply it. This model I'm using doesn't have a way to send it through the washer.

I didn't know they made power washers without a soap attachment.

If the power washer doesn't have something like that (either a bottle that mounts to the wand, or a hose that you put in the soap bottle), you can try just getting a mop bucket and some degreaser soap and scrub it on with a deck brush. Frankly, soaping with a power washer isn't what you'd think. When you use the soap attachments, it never blasts it out at full pressure. It just gently sprays soap, which you are then supposed to blast off at full power, which is a pity because high-powered soap would be awesome.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    The right plumbing on a powerful enough machine will allow for full pressure soap to run through it. I have mine plumbed as such.

For the cleaner application not run through a machine, Scutter's suggestion about a brush and mop bucket for application are the way to go.

Depending on the stains (oil, rust) you may have to agitate and let the product dwell longer or use several applications.

The pressure washer is a great tool, but problems absorbed into concrete are tough.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I looked all over the garage for that wand with the soap bucket..... A year or so ago my family sent a moving truck full of furniature down from Wisconsin..... our garage has never fully recovered.

Top Bottom