• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is it reasonable to believe him? Is it reasonable to believe that it is a real firearm and not a Pop Tart? Is it reasonable to assume you are not under arrest (not a uniformed officer pointing the gun at you)?

Self-defense is always fact sensitive but if so, sure thing.

Got it. The law applies differently to infallible god cop.

Pointing is bad unless it's unhinged and deranged infallible god cop.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It sure could. I am aware of the context, I'm just staying out of that mess of a thread.

Would context matter to you if there was dash cam footage of Brown pointing a gun at the officer who shot him? No, it would be 1000% justification for the shoot and end of story.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    What you cannot tell from the video is that the suspect, while yelling to kill him and advancing on officers has a knife in his hand. This was a good shoot, why would you taser a man within 20 feet advancing on you with an edged weapon?

Before crucifying the officers involved, lets look into the facts of the shoot.

We don't do that on INGO. Trust me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That officer should be facing MO legal trouble if what happened was true.

Would self defense against that officer have been justified? The video clearly shows a fellow officer walking up and pushing his rifle down and walking away with his back to the crowd. If there was a .001% chance that anyone in that crowd presented a threat that warranted this officer to go ape**** beserk, do you think either officer would have turned their back to the crowd and simply walked away? That's CONTEXT.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Would self defense against that officer have been justified? The video clearly shows a fellow officer walking up and pushing his rifle down and walking away with his back to the crowd. If there was a .001% chance that anyone in that crowd presented a threat that warranted this officer to go ape**** beserk, do you think either officer would have turned their back to the crowd and simply walked away? That's CONTEXT.
    It is very possible.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So if video showed Brown pointing a gun at the officer and threatening to kill him, it's still possible the officer made a bad shoot and murdered him.
    Huh? Look, calm down, I'm agreeing with you. I do not know if the Brown shooting was justified and it looks like the Powell likely is. The officer pointing the rifle at the citizens who were posing no lethal threat could have been shot by them and they would have been justified in self defense.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Huh? Look, calm down, I'm agreeing with you. I do not know if the Brown shooting was justified and it looks like the Powell likely is. The officer pointing the rifle at the citizens who were posing no lethal threat could have been shot by them and they would have been justified in self defense.

There you actually spelled it out. In the other thread, LEO's offered up excuses and wouldn't admit it would be justifiable. Nobody here gives 2 ****s about the context of the Brown shooting, only is there enough evidence to prove their preconceived notion that it was justified.

It's **** like this that leads to the distrust in the first place. When you have people clamoring for any smidgeon of justification to exonerate the officer who shot Brown and can't bring themselves to call out officers in the wrong, what do people expect? Oh, the officer is tired and working long hours. Oh, the stress is too high, blah, blah, blah. That officer committed a crime that would have justified his death. Period.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm not even sure why you even bother any more. Anything you state won't be a good enough answer. Here, anything stupid one cop does will be presented as something you are personally responsible for. But +1 to you for your effort.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Your a good cop Denny. I'd trust you with my life and to be fair
    and honest if I ever had to deal with you. That's the greatest compliment I can give anyone. You earn respect.

Top Bottom