• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The boys I used to work with powered their potato guns with hair spray.

:n00b:
    As a kid, I built lighter fluid cannons out of soda cans. I'd cut the tops and bottoms out of 7 cans as the barrel and the 8th bottom can just had a 1/8" hole poked int it. Tape all the cans together with the can with hole in it at the bottom as the "chamber" with duct tape. Put 3-4 drops of lighter fluid in the hole, swing the cannon around a few times to mix the fluid with air and touch it off with a match. It would produce a very loud report but otherwise a relatively safe device as long as you didn't attempt to put anything into the barrel. We did occasionally put tennis balls loosely in them sometimes, AKA tennis ball cannon.

With the new aluminum can designs that no longer works as AL is too weak and the cans are formed with no bottom to cut off. Could probably use soup or broth cans though.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    As a kid, I built lighter fluid cannons out of soda cans. I'd cut the tops and bottoms out of 7 cans as the barrel and the 8th bottom can just had a 1/8" hole poked int it. Tape all the cans together with the can with hole in it at the bottom as the "chamber" with duct tape. Put 3-4 drops of lighter fluid in the hole, swing the cannon around a few times to mix the fluid with air and touch it off with a match. It would produce a very loud report but otherwise a relatively safe device as long as you didn't attempt to put anything into the barrel. We did occasionally put tennis balls loosely in them sometimes, AKA tennis ball cannon.
    I tried, never worked for me... I would just catch everything on fire. Probably to much lighter fluid.

Top Bottom