• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anatomy of gun sale:

First of all, this previous article, by the same "parent" company (Sun Times) states that most of the guns used in Chicago crimes in fact come from the Chicagoland area.
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/14715658-418/chicago-gangs-dont-have-to-go-far-to-buy-guns.html

Next, the article states that the gang member bought the gun from an associate in Indiana with a clean record.
    So how is it Indiana's lax laws?
    It is illegal to sell a gun to a known felon.
    It is illegal for a face to face gun sale across state lines.

The article also states that in Indiana, all that is required is a driver's licence. But Illinois, a FOID card is also required.
    And how does that change. Isn't it the same NICS check?
    Will another ID really make a difference?

There is a comments section at the bottom.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It's much easier to point the finger than admit failure.

If we dug a moat around Chicago, went door to door and confiscated all the guns and knives, inspected every single person and thing going into the city, the criminals would still find a way to kill each other.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I seem to recall that the Holder/Obama regime was trafficking guns to the Mexican cartels. Just who are the cartels street vendors? Gangs. So in other words, Obama was sending the gangs weapons.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    So many Federal laws were broken in this situation, it is hard to know where to begin. The first is the straw man, second, transfer to known criminal, third interstate transportation for sale to another criminal. Why are they all not in prison? We can't prosecute the existing laws, yet we have to pass more! Think a UBC will solve this? Ooh, the criminal element is now going to follow the law. Yea, right!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Anyone care to guess the number one state that sells guns linked to crime in Illinois? Anyone? Illinois. Wow, really? Yup. Talk about inconvenient truth. Indiana is a distant second.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Do you expect me to believe that gang-bangers and other criminal elements don't obey IL laws, or Indiana law, or even federal laws and will purchase guns illegally?

Oh my, I'm shocked! We need MORE laws! That'll stop 'em once and for all!

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    Not that logic EVER works when talking with a liber-tard, but this would be like blaming banks for all of the bank robberies. The bank had money that the crook wanted and he broke the law to get it. It never would have happened if Banks didn't keep money in their safes!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You would think that with all of Indiana's so called "lax gun laws" we would have a war zone on our hands here in Indiana.

This just only goes to prove that it's the criminal element moral decay mindset that commits the violence with a weapon and not the tool itself.

Don't try to scapegoat your neighboring states for your societal problems that you help to create.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You would think that with all of Indiana's so called "lax gun laws" we would have a war zone on our hands here in Indiana.

This just only goes to prove that it's the criminal element moral decay mindset that commits the violence with a weapon and not the tool itself.

Don't try to scapegoat your neighboring states for your societal problems that you help to create.

TDC - DEAD NUTS - 10 RING!

How about criminals flock to Chicago because they have the WORST conviction record in the entire US. How about THAT little fact. Seven times more guns involved in crime in Illinois (trackable that it) originate in their own state with some of the toughest on record. Take those two facts and you have the beginnings of the real picture.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

TDC - DEAD NUTS - 10 RING!

How about criminals flock to Chicago because they have the WORST conviction record in the entire US. How about THAT little fact. Seven times more guns involved in crime in Illinois (trackable that it) originate in their own state with some of the toughest on record. Take those two facts and you have the beginnings of the real picture.

Yup. agree.

And OP updated. I made a mistake and posted the same link twice. I meant for this to be the second link.
    Chicago gangs don

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Who cares? Every KNOWS that the Post Tribune is a far left libtards paper, like a LOT of newspapers.

The Post-Tribune was originally the GARY Post-Tribune located in Gary, IN. 'scumbag libtards central' and hardcore Obama terror-tory. Now it's located just a bit (and I mean like just a few blocks) further south in Merrillville.

OF COURSE the article is going to be severely bent in an anti-gun rant.

Further, how did this reporter managed to talk to this scumbag gang member, when he's in CUSTODY and in jail awaiting conviction sentencing?

The whole thing is bogus, and printed ONLY for the purpose of furthering Obama's anti-gun b.s.

The 'facts' of that story may be valid, i.e. Golden is a real criminal, he's a member of some scumbag gang, and that gang may have friends in Indiana, etc. But the STORY itself is complete :bs: :bs: :bs:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who cares? Every KNOWS that the Post Tribune is a far left libtards paper, like a LOT of newspapers.

The Post-Tribune was originally the GARY Post-Tribune located in Gary, IN. 'scumbag libtards central' and hardcore Obama terror-tory. Now it's located just a bit (and I mean like just a few blocks) further south in Merrillville.

OF COURSE the article is going to be severely bent in an anti-gun rant.

Further, how did this reporter managed to talk to this scumbag gang member, when he's in CUSTODY and in jail awaiting conviction sentencing?

The whole thing is bogus, and printed ONLY for the purpose of furthering Obama's anti-gun b.s.

The 'facts' of that story may be valid, i.e. Golden is a real criminal, he's a member of some scumbag gang, and that gang may have friends in Indiana, etc. But the STORY itself is complete :bs: :bs: :bs:

I care. Because it is information getting out to affect peoples decisions.
    Maybe people can make comments, and point out errors. It won't help in the printed version. But in the online version.
    Maybe some (not the hard core) might be swayed by logic. Most people are actually against the restrictions when they find the truth out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I care. Because it is information getting out to affect peoples decisions.
    Maybe people can make comments, and point out errors. It won't help in the printed version. But in the online version.
    Maybe some (not the hard core) might be swayed by logic. Most people are actually against the restrictions when they find the truth out.

Is it affect, or effect?
    I figured the Grammer Nazis woulda spoken by now.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    It's much easier to point the finger than admit failure.

If we dug a moat around Chicago, went door to door and confiscated all the guns and knives, inspected every single person and thing going into the city, the criminals would still find a way to kill each other.

Seriously. Don't forget to take away all of the toothbrushes so they don't sharpen the handles and shank each other.

Top Bottom